• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

With all the talk about Jake. What about our Oline!!!

Snake

Some peoples blind hatred for Delhomme will make them say anything. Let me put it this way. How many times did you see 3 or more Eagles in the backfield on plays..... Yea that not a good thing. On top of that the Oline could not even make a single whole for Dwill to run threw. His only TD was because of him not the Oline. Delhomme was Horrible no doubt and he he cause the INTs that where Thrown to Smith but the line didnt help matters because he had not running game nor any time even in the shotgun.

No one's ignoring the o-line. Like you said, It was no other person's choice but Delhomme's to throw those INTs instead of taking a sack. It was Delhomme's own fault for not securing the ball on the fumble for a TD. People are are just feed up with Delhomme's bullshit. He was the biggest reason, among others, why we lost today.

How come everybody else can see our problems but Fox and Hurney. Sorry, no way I'd extend Delhomme's contract after that meltdown against AZ. He would then have something to prove and tonight would be proof. Proof that it may be time to do as your fanbase, pundits, experts and football nubes everywhere have said and get another QB. They didn't even bring in a veteran to challenge for the spot this preseason.

He couldn't see the field today he was hopping around not able to find a target. I really like Jake but with so much at stake the money (1mil per game)and effort involved he needs to perform like a veteran. Teams blitz in the NFL you gotta beat it or your done.

Some peoples blind hatred for Delhomme will make them say anything. Let me put it this way. How many times did you see 3 or more Eagles in the backfield on plays..... Yea that not a good thing. On top of that the Oline could not even make a single whole for Dwill to run threw. His only TD was because of him not the Oline. Delhomme was Horrible no doubt and he he cause the INTs that where Thrown to Smith but the line didnt help matters because he had not running game nor any time even in the shotgun.

If your post was in response to my post then I have to take offense. I am in no way a Jake basher. I have supported him this entire offseason and really hoped upon hope that something like to today would not happen.

With that said, the line did play well today. When a team can successfully blitz neither the run or pass is going to work. When seven defenders are attacking the LOS, five guys will never be able to open up "holes" for the back to run in. And while I do think the worst performance came from Jake, Williams looked like a rookie out there as well. Amazing runner but if that is the best he can do at picking up blocks he won't be a starting RB in the NFL for long. I think that is the reason we saw Stewart out there for most of the game, who also struggled agaisnt the blitz but not as bad as Williams, and then eventually Goodson.

I swear like Snake Fist said some of you are so busy looking at the stats you don't even pay attention to what's actually going on...

Jake was getting heavily pressured nearly EVERY time he dropped back to throw. No one not even Peyton, Tom or Drew can do will without an O Line...

Yeah Jake didn't play well; but it's like you all ignore the big 6'7 DL that comes his way and expect him to just have a 100% accurate ball...

And Someone said he wasn't mobile enough WTF!?!?

Jake did EXCEPTIONALLY well evading the defenders and extending plays. At some points I was even like please just take the sack so you don't have a bad play...but he'd at least give the play more time to develop.

Man; I just get pissed over this...Jake's been my man since '03 and it's like watching a best friend self destruct...maybe I'm seeing through biased eyes...but I HIGHLY DOUBT IT... I just get tired of people ignoring the facts around Jake and looking at the Stats/highlights and telling me "Jake Sucks" ...Yeah O.K. now what am I supposed to do about it bench him on my Fantasy team? (which I don't have)

I swear like Snake Fist said some of you are so busy looking at the stats you don't even pay attention to what's actually going on...

Jake was getting heavily pressured nearly EVERY time he dropped back to throw. No one not even Peyton, Tom or Drew can do will without an O Line...

Yeah Jake didn't play well; but it's like you all ignore the big 6'7 DL that comes his way and expect him to just have a 100% accurate ball...

And Someone said he wasn't mobile enough WTF!?!?

Jake did EXCEPTIONALLY well evading the defenders and extending plays. At some points I was even like please just take the sack so you don't have a bad play...but he'd at least give the play more time to develop.

Man; I just get pissed over this...Jake's been my man since '03 and it's like watching a best friend self destruct...maybe I'm seeing through biased eyes...but I HIGHLY DOUBT IT... I just get tired of people ignoring the facts around Jake and looking at the Stats/highlights and telling me "Jake Sucks" ...Yeah O.K. now what am I supposed to do about it bench him on my Fantasy team? (which I don't have)

And some people's blind nut sucking of Jake, keeps them from seeing the truth. Dont gimme that bullshit that we're only looking at the stat sheet. I saw the entire game and it was Jake's own dumbass decision to do what he did.

And some people's blind nut sucking of Jake, keeps them from seeing the truth. Dont gimme that bullshit that we're only looking at the stat sheet. I saw the entire game and it was Jake's own dumbass decision to do what he did.

Listen, I'm not cursing at you so you don't have to do so towards me...

You don't have to reply with "I DO WHATEVER THE F*CK I WANT" because I understand that...

Now...If you watched that game once again you'd understand that Jake never really got the time to throw. Did he throw some inaccurate balls Yes. The ball to Smith was a little behind him...does that never happen in football? Smith tipped it (in Football a rule is if you can touch it you can catch it) and the defender miraculously came up with it...badly thrown ball Yes...HORRIBLE throw no...

Another play Jake once again had an Eagle up his butt on 3rd and long...tried to get it to D Will the Eagle hit his arm and the ball fluttered...

One A guy Jumped Smith to get the INT (that was probably a bad throw but IDK really it seemed more like a good play by the D to me.)

Last INT In no order obviously Jake was trying to make something happen deep to Smith; Underthrown Yes bad throw Yes...Does Smith usually fight for that ball and come down with it Yes...It was an out of the ordinary day for the Offense...Period...

Now I'm not going to disrespect anyone on this board; and when I said "I hate people that..." I'm directing that towards people at work and what not who constantly tell me "Jake Sucks" blah blah blah...as if I'm the GM and can bench him...obviously I stand behind Jake...so I know they only tell me this looking for a debate...and once again if I come across as a jerk...IDK how...but again I'll defend Jake until I see he really is the one for the SOLE blame...

yup, goodson is a joke.

he looked lost when returning, and has averaged almost one fumble a game since the preseason.

people need to stop mistaking speed for talent.

Huh? Yes, he lost that fumble, but he looked good on the returns... got past the 20 everytime and up to the 32 on that first return. He is young and raw, but other than the one fumble, I thought he looked pretty good.

The o-line did not play that well, and yes the TE's and backs missed blocks too and Jake was probably also at fault for not picking up the blitzes as well. Overall the blame lies more with Jake IMO, the passes that were intercepted were thrown behind (2) or directly to a defender (1) or under thrown (1)... Jake looked lost out there today... I'm afraid he's got the yips or something.

Archived