• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Cam Said Finally It: "I'm A Pocket Passer With The Ability To Run"

FootballMaestro

That's what he said in his presser, after being asked by  a reporter 'so when people think about you, they think of your legs, but you have a arm as well. What do you say to that, any comments'?

So Cam's response was: "I've always labelled myself a pocket passer with the ability to run".

Boom! Finally! Great response by him.

Sound trivial you say?... Cam usually avoids the questions, and says stuff like "I'll do whatever they asked me to do; run, catch, block; I'm a football player", etc...Maybe Newton's bored with lowly reporters? He usually shies away from that answer (kinda like he doesn't like to admit he's really 260-265 lbs, and not his listed 245). Go figure! But I guess today, he was slightly annoyed (though I couldn't see his face on the radio re-broadcast) by the question. Kinda like the ones regarding his alleged "accuracy issues", such as after the Titans game when he responded to the reporter about the weather being better (though that was true) contributing to his better completion %.

Embrace it Cam! It was great to hear him finally say that. 

It's crazy, how so many so called experts have no clue that he is a pocket passer 100% (he just has the ability to run when needed or asked). So when they think of him, they think more about scramblers who can't sit still in the pocket and read defenses like he does; such RG3, Kaep, and even the formerly sainted-simultaneously pocket challenged-Russell Wilson. Do these so called experts actually watch games, or they just have an agenda (minus a few of course)? When they think "Running QB", they normally think skittish in the pocket; needing constant motion, and/or tailored scheming on the overwhelming majority of plays.

As I said earlier. Today's game is the way Newton and the offense should play every week: Few called runs, and more scrambles when the pocket collapses or the running lanes open up for him. Unless it's a tough game where his short yardage running ability is really needed. Please let Tolbert and Stewart get the tough, short, and end zone yardage. You want Newton fresh, and as sore free as possible for the duration of the season (along with no nicks on his throwing hand-diving to the ground hands first near chippy defenders cleats or elbows).

Now please show Dallas and the nation this Thanksgiving Thursday toward another Panther victory Cam!

Sorry, don't have a link to the presser, though I'll look for it when I can.

Cam is finally the player many of us knew he would become. 

An unstoppable force. 

Want to load the box and dare him to pass? Here's a dime over the WR's shoulder.

Want to drop back into coverage? Here's an 11 yard scramble untouched.

Want to blitz? Here's a change at the line of scrimmage resulting in a huge gain.

This season will go down as the year the Carolina Panthers became contenders year in and year out.

Archived