• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers Work Out Cortland Finnegan

Car123

9 minutes ago, firefox1234 said:

Delaire was cut by the Bucs and proceeded to sack them twice the following week, not the best example since he's been quiet recently but your conclusion isn't a really good one...

Let's not compare the Bucs with the Pats.

The point was that if the Pats didn't think he can contribute to one of the worst CB situations in the NFL then it would be surprising if he had anything to offer for us.

Apparently we also worked out Bradley Fletcher who is so bad that I'd rather have Finnegan instead and Robert McClain who is mildly decent. I'd take McClain, but really is probably rather use the roster spot on OL depth unless Peanut's injury is much worse than they are letting on.

18 minutes ago, mc52beast said:

If this doesn't show anything else it shows our FO is dedicated to winning... not many 11-0 teams would be working out players the day after destroying "America's Team".

Actually, all teams work out players about every week of the season.

2 hours ago, CCS said:

I don't get that. I know I remember it being said that Shaq was drafted to play the nickel

That is the big nickel package that Shaq has played in.

I have a feeling the Panthers need a dime as they will see teams continually spread them out to get one on one match ups with their 4th and 5th receiver. Not so much the nickel.

Teams are going to force the Panthers to spread out with 4 to 5 receivers and roll the dice on a big play. The Panthers have made it difficult, but they can be beat with the slot going out and up the sideline. Luke, Davis, Jones, and Shaq have all been beat with that route.

Not sure why they do not go to Teddy Williams.

Here is an idea. Sign Carrington Byndom back from the Cardinals PS and put him on the active roster. Not only do you get a CB who can cover and special teams player who knows our system and communication, but you get a head start on everything he has learned from them over the past month.

Archived