• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

PHOTOS - Cam Newton crashes Roaring Riot party

KJ89

Last night was epic! I know it had been a long day for them but they were all happy to be there. It was obvious. Thank you @RoaringRiot. The drive from Baltimore was worth it.

The drive back...not so much. :)

BTW I had a quick conversation with Joe Webb and Cam's dad. He called Cam's dad "pops". Just thought I'd share that.

12 minutes ago, Moorgan said:

Last night was epic! I know it had been a long day for them but they were all happy to be there. It was obvious. Thank you @RoaringRiot. The drive from Baltimore was worth it.

The drive back...not so much. :)

BTW I had a quick conversation with Joe Webb and Cam's dad. He called Cam's dad "pops". Just thought I'd share that.

Glad you made it home safely. Still can't believe you maniacs made the drive. 

I gotta get something off my chest. For a long time I've appreciated Cam Newton but at the same time held a little distrust of his father. With the whole pay for play deal in college I always questioned what type of guy he was. When you listen to Cam talk and he quotes his father and his mother he's getting great advice from them. It was his father and brother that talked to him about leadership and press conferences. It was his father that told him one minute you are on top of the world and the next the world is on top of you. You see Cam be generous with his time and reach out into the community and that starts with upbringing. 

You look at guys like Manziel, Griffin III, and Kaepernick and how they never made the next step. Never matured into leaders and quite frankly regressed. I think we have to give props to the Newton family as a whole for supporting Cam and instilling good values. He came to us as a 22 year old and brought his whole family to meet the organization after the draft. I can see why Hurney and Rivera were not concerned about his negative draft buzz when you see the support he's getting from his family.

Can anyone share some info on Braylon? When they showed Cam walking around talking to kids at the Washington game I saw him chat, dab and chest bump with him. Cam also spoke with a little girl in a wheel chair and she was so excited and ready for us to win and go to the super bowl.

The way Cam treated those kids that day - right before a big game - made my heart grow ten times. Yes, I'm the Grinch. How can anyone not like this guy? I don't follow college ball, so I wasn't aware of his background much. He's only surpassed everything I hoped he would be for this team.

What a guy, what a team, what a year.

8 hours ago, RoaringRiot said:

I hope you see this as the door opening to many more opportunities with Cam and not just a one time event you missed out on. Because it is just the beginning  ;)

Exactly how I saw it. Absolutely love what you guys are doing and hope to get involved soon, once some things clear up. What the team and players share with the city and all of the Carolinas is something really special and it makes me so proud. Was that you talking in the video Jeremy did? Great job man.

Archived