• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Top Secret! A multi-faceted game plan to defeat the 2015 Carolina Panthers

PhillyB

While Jonathan Stewart has been an integral part of our run game this season, I think we'll find that if defenses stop regularly stacking the box against us, the read-option elements of our run game can really take over.  I'd like to see what CAP can do as the lead back though, as I don't know how much familiarity Fozzy has with running read-option.  CAP ran plenty of it in college.

• Pie 2

2 hours ago, Bartin said:

I disagree here. One safety doesn't cut it against us unless you've got Earl Thomas. You need both playing a deep cover 2 shell. Almost every time the defense lines up single high in cover 3 or cover 1, Cam audibles to a go route to Ginn, Philly or Funchess. Getting to Ginn on the sideline from the middle of the field is an impossible task. This is how the Cowboys shut down our passing attack. It does leave the middle of the field open to be exploited by Olsen and Cotchery, but if you force us to beat you with dink and dunk over the middle than that is your best chance. The Cowboys do have Sean Lee who is one of the best coverage LBs in the NFL and the Giants don't have anyone close to that, but it's a risk you have to take. You have absolutely no chance to stop us with the way Cam is throwing the deep ball right now. There's a chance if you make us sustain long drives down the field as his intermediate accuracy can be hit or miss. If you make him throw it over the middle and hope he misses high leading to INTs.

The opposing fan refrain of "stack the box, contain rush Cam and double Olsen" is exactly what I wouldn't do.

right, i'm not saying to only commit one safety necessarily, just to make sure you at least commit that free safety to a deep zone and try to cover those deep routes, since now we've learned single corners can't keep ginn from huge gains

• Pie 1

Philly could honestly have a real career in play analytics providing down tendencies, distance,  hash tendencies, and identifying coverage type in blitz/blitz in coverage. If I didn't know better sounds like he is building a resume for the Panthers, unfortunately  we know he is mostly a drunk bastage.

For real, stellar work. 

• Pie 1

4 minutes ago, ElkinPanthersFan said:

Philly could honestly have a real career in play analytics providing down tendencies, distance,  hash tendencies, and identifying coverage type in blitz/blitz in coverage. If I didn't know better sounds like he is building a resume for the Panthers, unfortunately  we know he is mostly a drunk bastage.

For real, stellar work. 

i just make up everything i write, so yeah i think i'm tailor-made for espn

• Pie 2