• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

A message to all of the Falcon fans coming out of the woodwork to talk poo

Hotsauce

I realize that most of you dont have to deal with Falcon fans on a regular basis like us people who live in Atlanta, so I know this thread may not be all that relevant.

However, I have had all kinds of people talk crap to me over the Falcons win on Sunday.  I hope you guys don't mind me venting a bit on here, as I don't have too many Panther fans I can discuss this with in person.

By the time I drove from the GA dome, to my home in the suburbs of Atlanta I had 20, yes 20 texts from various friends, work colleagues, and family members all trying to brag about their win.  I also am getting hit up on social media as well.  

The loss really doesn't piss me off.  Part of me is relieved we aren't carrying the "undefeated monkey" on our backs anymore.  Maybe I am letting it get under my skin more than I should. I understand it was their Super Bowl. They are done and they are out. This was all they had to play for. 

Why I am annoyed is that I can't find a way to articulate that I really don't care in my responses. I guess there is no real way to respond back to these people since they are all high from their win. 

Anyway, I need to stop being a whiney bitch and move on!  Sorry to rant, just needed to get it off my chest!

Keep Pounding

I laugh at the notion that the game "Was our (Falcon fans) Super Bowl." Ask the Falcons players if this is how they really feel. If this is the case, the how does a professional set the bar so low for themselves that they consider their 8th win of the season and not going to the post season a Super Bowl victory?

Fugging stupid. Calling this "their Super Bowl" is nothing more than an excuse for being losers.  

I feel your pain, OP. I work and live in the ATL area as well. I walked into the building, and my manager was in my office waiting on me to give me grief. I let him do his talking, and his little fun, because lord knows after the recent poundings we've given those guys and the stronghold we've had on the south for the past 3 years, I'd be giddy after a win as well.

I know how you feel OP. Falcons have about 1000 legit fans tops. Arguably the most fair weather group in the NFL. 

They played better, they were the better team yesterday, they played very physical, deserved to win and kicked our butts, hats off to them. However, it is their reaction AFTER the game and how jacked up they were over a meaningless game is what makes people say this was their superbowl. Their owner was dabbing to mock our QB, their head-coach was talking $h1t with the whole "take a fugging picture" (Didn't even know what he was talking about, but apparently taking pictures on the sidelines during a game that was over in the 1st quarter is disrespectful). On the last play Charles I-finally-covered-somebody Godfrey showed more fire than he ever showed his entire time here. Good for him btw

24 minutes ago, 15 said:

- If they didn't have the balls to talk before the game, then shut up.

- If their team is no longer in the playoffs, shut up.

- And last but not least, thank them for helping us get our focus off of a trophyless achievement such as going 16-0 in the regular season. We can focus on a superbowl run while they focus on the draft. 

Or if you aren't the poo talking type, nothing shuts up someone up like agreeing with what is being said and saying "damn that one hurt!". 

Weak sauce......go straight for the throat with a "your mother is a clown whore." It's my standard go to line for almost everything.  

Seriously ... the a$$'ery and 'no class' of the organization extends through their fans.  I got texts from 8 different people (friends and in-laws) within 20 minutes of the game being over.  All of them talking smack.  How many of those 8 did I text when the Panthers demolished the Falcons earlier this year .... 1, and it wasn't smack.  The following is a portion of the text from my in-law, who will remain nameless. "We won!  We won!  No more undefeated season.  Whiny Cam is a sore loser."  Considering that I haven't spoken with or texted this in-law in over six months ... I had to ask about the sore loser comment.  Apparently, Atlanta radio made a big deal about Cam shaking Ryan's hand and then running off the field.  Honestly, I see nothing wrong with that.  Leaving the field without shaking hands would have been different.  Nothing was mentioned of Falcons players and Arthur Blank dab'ing on the field after the game ... a clear mockery of Cam at the time teams are supposed to be shaking hands.  Funny how nothing is being said about that ... because we are not sore losers and have come to expect that trash from them.  

True colors come out in victory and defeat.  As for the Falcons and their fans, you suck in both.  These are the same fans that continue to wear Vick jerseys.  The fans, team and city deserve each other.  I am glad yesterday was their Super Bowl.  Ours is in February. 

Just now, 15 said:

huh? who are you? you have no idea how much poo I get out here as one of the only dudes rocking panthers gear in southern california lol. 

He's a bitter Falcons fan who only made a new account yesterday to come talk poo after being absent all year, including the 38-0 win a few weeks back.

The Falcons deserved the win yesterday.  That being said, this nonsense about us being poor sports, etc. is just that nonsense.  The Falcons from their ownership all the way down are a bunch of front-running losers.  No way to escape the fact that starting 5-0 and then not making the playoffs is about as remarkably bad as you can be.  Roddy White is a loser whose mouth has always written checks his a$$ couldn't cash.  He certainly didn't win the game for them yesterday.  Matt Ryan will never be anything more than a noodle-armed, burn-victim looking try-hard.  Julio Jones & Devonta Freeman are legit- you just have to tip your hat at the one Julio catch, though Coleman would have probably picked it had he not fallen down.  Their defense is still laughable.  

Dan Quinn has a long way to go to get to Rivera's league.  In fairness, Rivera didn't start out that way, but Rivera looks like a boss on the sidelines now.  Dan Quinn looks like a schoolgirl who think he can cheer his loser team to victory.

The image of Arthur Blank dabbing honestly excited me, because now he will justify keeping his buddy as the GM and they can continue to "believe in Matt Ryan" and bungle the draft.  The Panthers played their absolute worst game of the season and still had a chance to win in the 4th Quarter on the road.  I really hope this win leads the Falcons to believe they are "right there with us" in terms of overall talent.  The Falcons are a joke as an organization and have always been.  New Orleans has made a lot of bad FA & draft moves that have left them depleted of talent, but honest Panther fans know Drew Brees & Sean Payton are the real deal.  Jameis Winston and the Bucs will be formidable in the years to come.  I really hope Atlanta, from Arthur Blank to Dan Quinn to Matt Ryan, think they are right on the cusp of greatness.  

Also, the idea that the Panthers got exposed is ridiculous.  I wish they would have kept with the run game more, and the defense (especially the pass rush) is becoming a concern.  That being said, there are still only 2 teams in the entire NFC that can beat us in the playoffs in Seattle & Arizona.  We will probably play them both.  Crazy things can happen in the playoffs, but the Panthers have as good a shot as anyone.

This team is built the right way, and this has been an amazing season.  The idea that any of the other NFC South teams are in position to overtake the Panthers is laughable.  The Panthers are built to compete with the Cardinals, Packers, and Seahawks over the next few years.  You know, the other teams that will actually be competing for the overall NFC.

I have been a fan a long time, and this team is in the best position to compete long-term they have ever been.  The Panthers had a very good core in 2003, but Newton in his prime adds a dynamic capacity we never could have had with Delhomme.  The future is very bright.

6 minutes ago, tailg8or said:

Seriously ... the a$$'ery and 'no class' of the organization extends through their fans.  I got texts from 8 different people (friends and in-laws) within 20 minutes of the game being over.  All of them talking smack.  How many of those 8 did I text when the Panthers demolished the Falcons earlier this year .... 1, and it wasn't smack.  

Dude, exact same situation with me. I literally did not text anyone to talk poo after we won 38-0.  As a matter of fact, some of the people who I texted with, I actually offered words of encouragement throughout their 7 of 9 losing streak. 

There is a reason 40% of the stadium was Panthers fans, because they are fair weather losers who sold their tickets. 

And by the way, if you saw on TV or you were there and you disagree about my 40% of fans were Panther fans I will say this...about 75% of all of the Panther fans I saw there, wore black.  When the stadium needed to get loud for the Panthers, it got loud. I just wish we could get the message out to traveling fans that they really should be wearing Blue shirts, especially if black is part of the core colors of the opponent. 

Archived