• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Josh Norman: 'It's been a long, long season'

cardiackat88.

I think this season had to have mentally draining for Josh. It's a contract year and he wants to play out of his mind every game to make sure he gets a good one. It's got to be constantly on his mind which would get very tiresome. I hate hearing how tired he is though. One of the articles about him talked about how he was a theater student and likes to adopt characters. I'm hoping right now he's playing up being tired to take TB off guard. 

9 minutes ago, tiger7_88 said:

There's no direct evidence, but my thinking is that it had to be Rivera that "sat" on the team and their passion and antics after the Giants game, right?

I mean, with all his goddam apologies post game and his preaching about "how to do things" he's the one that threw water on the fire if you ask me.

Now he's coming out this week that we've got to get that fire "back"?  Well, Ron, why in the living fug did you put it out in the first place?

He didn't sit on it, the NFL Front Office did. There is a distinct difference.

5 minutes ago, Mojo said:

That's a good point.  Even though Coughlin was in the wrong he had Beckhams back completely. I do think Ron's apology displayed class but at the end of the day you gotta protect your own house and go to bat for your guys.

You're damn right.

Coughlin NEVER apologized to Norman for one of his players trying to permanently injure him.  Nor did Coughlin or the Giants organization EVER apologize to the Panthers.

Ron threw his players under the damn bus all for the sake of his "class".  I was infuriated immediately after I read that he had dome that.

3 minutes ago, Harbingers said:

He didn't sit on it, the NFL Front Office did. There is a distinct difference.

BS... the NFL Front Office only sat on *one* thing, bringing the bat onto the field.

It was Ron Rivera that threw water on the fire of his players on-the-field passion.  And NOW he's practically begging for them to fire it up again.

Just now, tiger7_88 said:

BS... the NFL Front Office only sat on *one* thing, bringing the bat onto the field.

It was Ron Rivera that threw water on the fire of his players on-the-field passion.  And NOW he's practically begging for them to fire it up again.

There are a lot more communications between the league office and the team, that the public don't hear about, you really think Godell, was pleased to think we knocked his star player out of the flex in game?

It was obvious after the Tillman penalty which was a double if not more so on white. That the refs weren't watching us like hawks? For anything they could flag.

Rivera just so happens to follow the rules... I get where you are coming from on that. But lets see how this Sunday is before we start jumping to conclusions on the team.

26 minutes ago, CRA said:

I endorse the quit waiting for CJ and Allen to do things they haven't done all season....and give heavier reps to guys who have this year thought process

There's no fire under either of them. Ealy and Delaire are young and hungry and needs to be on the field. 

In my opinion, Norman, Star, Luke, TD, Peanut and Finnegan all play angry. 

Harper, Shaq, Coleman and Star are quiet and go about their business.

Allen and Johnson....meh. 

They need to hang out with Norman more often. 

14 minutes ago, tiger7_88 said:

You're damn right.

Coughlin NEVER apologized to Norman for one of his players trying to permanently injure him.  Nor did Coughlin or the Giants organization EVER apologize to the Panthers.

Ron threw his players under the damn bus all for the sake of his "class".  I was infuriated immediately after I read that he had dome that.

I don't think Ron apologizing post game for his players small role in BS is him throwing his players under the bus....Ron doesn't know how a desperate Coughlin would respond.

That is Ron just being classy.  Coughlin being a desperate coach that isn't even Tom Coughlin anymore. 

and Ron does have a duty to keep our team in check and not going too far.  Which one could argue we have flirted with.  I don't think flirting with the line is wrong but Ron has to keep things in check 

Ron already admitted trying to change Norman was wrong.  I don't think he is doing that now.  Coaches are always the easy target for anything.  Ron could of talked to Norman about the chaos not being okay in NY and not intended for him to play tame

6 minutes ago, CRA said:

I don't think Ron apologizing post game for his players small role in BS is him throwing his players under the bus....Ron doesn't know how a desperate Coughlin would respond.

That is Ron just being classy.  Coughlin being a desperate coach that isn't even Tom Coughlin anymore. 

and Ron does have a duty to keep our team in check and not going too far.  Which one could argue we have flirted with.  I don't think flirting with the line is wrong but Ron has to keep things in check 

Ron already admitted trying to change Norman was wrong.  I don't think he is doing that now.  Coaches are always the easy target for anything.  Ron could of talked to Norman about the chaos not being okay in NY and not intended for him to play tame

Except that Ron, post-Giants game, talked about dialing it back.

So when the players do "dial it back" exactly as he expressed a desire to do so, its not a call for which Ron is responsible as head coach?

All I know is what we saw last Sunday is NOT the same team we've seen all year. We were lethargic, played with no energy, had no edge, and played with no personality. I think that had a lot to do with Ron dialing it back with his players. Now he is trying to tell his players to go back to playing with their personalities they've been playing with all year, but should have never told them to dial it back in the first place. Hopefully this Sunday we see the Panthers the first 14 weeks instead of the one we saw last Sunday.

16 minutes ago, tiger7_88 said:

Except that Ron, post-Giants game, talked about dialing it back.

So when the players do "dial it back" exactly as he expressed a desire to do so, its not a call for which Ron is responsible as head coach?

Ron's job isn't really easy...

and he has access to all info of what was going down.  So he easily could of thought early on we were doing more than needed and wanted it reeled in. 

Dialing that back wouldn't mean being tame. 

Overall we played meh and Atl played great.  We still could of won if 2 plays likely went different.  That is how much better his team is. 

37 minutes ago, Castavar said:

All I know is what we saw last Sunday is NOT the same team we've seen all year. We were lethargic, played with no energy, had no edge, and played with no personality. I think that had a lot to do with Ron dialing it back with his players. Now he is trying to tell his players to go back to playing with their personalities they've been playing with all year, but should have never told them to dial it back in the first place. Hopefully this Sunday we see the Panthers the first 14 weeks instead of the one we saw last Sunday.

Exactly how I think.

Who in the world would have this thought process: "What we've been doing week after week for 18 weeks now has produced wins.  Let's DIAL THAT BACK!"

Lawdy...

52 minutes ago, CRA said:

Ron's job isn't really easy...

and he has access to all info of what was going down.  So he easily could of thought early on we were doing more than needed and wanted it reeled in. 

Dialing that back wouldn't mean being tame. 

Overall we played meh and Atl played great.  We still could of won if 2 plays likely went different.  That is how much better his team is. 

He's right though.  It's not that we lost the game.  I know we were outplayed on that particular Sunday by our division rival (which is fine) but Josh looked neutered and so did a good percent of other guys.  Josh isn't blameless but could have been seriously injured on that Beckham hit, so it would have been nice for Ron to come to Josh's defense a little more than he did.  A leopard can't change it's spots so dialing it back is tricky.  At the end of the day it's a learning experience and can't wait for Sunday.

Archived