• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Fanspeak draft simulator

ncfan

Here's another one that seems like a bit of a pipe dream.  Anyone think Will Fuller has any chance of falling to the bottom of the third?  I know he's supposed to have a slight problem with drops, but I've heard people say it's exaggerated and he did well at the combine at the catching drills.  This draft gets us a top 2 DE in this draft, the top TE, a top 5 WR according to most analysts at the moment, a high potential slot CB, and a boom or bust S in the 5th round.

30: R1P30
DE EMMANUEL OGBAH
OKLAHOMA STATE
62: R2P31
TE HUNTER HENRY
ARKANSAS
94: R3P31
WR WILL FULLER
NOTRE DAME
130: R4P31
CB CYRUS JONES
ALABAMA
168: R5P29
S JAYRON KEARSE
CLEMSON

@JawnyBlaze those are two nice drafts.  I'm not convinced Nkemdiche adequately answered re: falling off the balconey.  He reminds me too much of Hardy, somehow.  Just don't have a good feeling about him.  He'd be off my draft board, and I hope he's off the Panthers'.... But if he gets picked ahead of us, that would be just fine, because it hopefully opens the door for someone like Ogbah or Bullard to be there at #30.

Drafttek has updated their Big Board.  I'm just starting a 5 round mock.

WOW.  LOVE LOVE LOVE these choices in the 1st round.  Can't believe there'd be this many top guys at #30.  Tough pick.

15 DT  ANDREW BILLINGS - BAYLOR
23 WR  COREY COLEMAN - BAYLOR
24 OLB  DARRON LEE - OHIO ST
26 ILB  REGGIE RAGLAND - ALABAMA
27 WR  WILLIAM FULLER - NOTRE DAME
28 OLB  KEVIN DODD - CLEMSON
30 DT  JARRAN REED - ALABAMA
31 RB  DERRICK HENRY - ALABAMA
33 DE  EMMANUEL OGBAH - OKLAHOMA ST
34 S  JEREMY CASH - DUKE

I chose Dodd.

Did a couple with the Fanspeak draft, the Drafttek board was dropping guys like Myles Jack to us for some reason.

Even though we have Star and Kawann, I could see Gettleman using the #30 pick on a DT if they were BPA. Rankins will likely go top 20 so I'm doubtful we'd get him. Fuller falling would be great even though we've drafted two WR's in the last two drafts, his speed would be a compliment to the styles of Benjamin and Funchess. I could also see us taking a C in this deep class for them as the replacement for Kalil if Gettleman decides to move on from him after his contract is up. Robinson has off the field issues, so not likely, but he has talent. Bradberry is physical and would be a great outside developmental corner.

30: R1P30- DT SHELDON RANKINS LOUISVILLE

62: R2P31- WR WILL FULLER NOTRE DAME

94: R3P31-C MAX TUERK SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA

130: R4P31- CB RASHARD ROBINSON LSU

168: R5P29- CB JAMES BRADBERRY SAMFORD

This would be an amazing draft if Elliott were to fall this far, not likely. Pairing up a weapon like Newton with Elliott would be ridiculous. I really like Butler as our #3 DT giving us depth to replace Dwan Edwards. Much like Tuerk, Martin would be a possible future replacement for Kalil and give us interior depth. Lawler would give us a solid threat in the slot.

30: R1P30- RB EZEKIEL ELLIOTT OHIO STATE

62: R2P31- DT VERNON BUTLER LOUISIANA TECH

94: R3P31- C NICK MARTIN NOTRE DAME

130: R4P31- WR KENNY LAWLER CALIFORNIA

168: R5P29- CB JAMES BRADBERRY SAMFORD 

Also liked this one. 

30: R1P30- DE KEVIN DODD CLEMSON

62: R2P31- DT VERNON BUTLER LOUISIANA TECH

94: R3P31- C NICK MARTIN NOTRE DAME

130: R4P31-CB CYRUS JONES ALABAMA

168: R5P29 -OT WILLIE BEAVERS WESTERN MICHIGAN

8 hours ago, KB_fan said:

@JawnyBlaze those are two nice drafts.  I'm not convinced Nkemdiche adequately answered re: falling off the balconey.  He reminds me too much of Hardy, somehow.  Just don't have a good feeling about him.  He'd be off my draft board, and I hope he's off the Panthers'.... But if he gets picked ahead of us, that would be just fine, because it hopefully opens the door for someone like Ogbah or Bullard to be there at #30.

Reminding you of Hardy isn't a bad thing.  Until the freak occurrence of ending up with a psycho, he was a model citizen and teammate.  Being slightly off doesn't mean that sort of thing will happen to you.  That was a crazy, unfortunate situation that cost us our best DE before he even hit his prime. 

using fanspeak board

Dream scenario if we able to land the top 3 prospect there.  

CB WILLIAM JACKSON III
HOUSTON

DE CARL NASSIB
PENN STATE

WR STERLING SHEPARD
OKLAHOMA

DT D.J. READER
CLEMSON

JAYRON KEARSE
CLEMSON
250: R7P31

WR MARQUEZ NORTH
TENNESSEE

http://fanspeak.com/ontheclock/draft.php?d=sqhvts

OLB KEVIN DODD
CLEMSON

OT GERMAIN IFEDI
TEXAS A&M

Dt CHRIS JONES
MISSISSIPPI STATE

CB CYRUS JONES
ALABAMA

C MAX TUERK
USC

CB TAVEZE CALHOUN
MISSISSIPPI STATE

My idea going into each draft is get BPA avaible and 2OL, 2DL, and 2DB.

The "Double, Double-dip" from CBS:

DE EMMANUEL OGBAH
OKLAHOMA STATE
DE CARL NASSIB
PENN STATE
WR STERLING SHEPARD
OKLAHOMA
WR KENNY LAWLER
CALIFORNIA
OT WILLIE BEAVERS
WESTERN MICHIGAN
S ELIJAH SHUMATE
NOTRE DAME

On 3/4/2016 at 0:07 AM, MV%doe said:

My idea going into each draft is get BPA avaible and 2OL, 2DL, and 2DB.

I've been doing similar.   DE & DT are my highest priority, then OT & CB.  And I try to prioritize these positions in rounds 1 & 2.  But BPA means if RB Ezekiel Elliot is there in round 1, for instance, I take him.  (I won't draft an LB or QB in any round.)

C is also a pretty high priority.  Am open to a good WR that fits our offense, also keeping eyes out for TE  & FB.  Generally not picking these until Round 3 & below.

RB EZEKIEL ELLIOTT
OHIO STATE

TE HUNTER HENRY
ARKANSAS

WR STERLING SHEPARD OKLAHOMA

Hate this offensive draft bc I like defense but at least they are good players!! Unrealistic but a kick ass give Cam weapons draft using CBS Board. 

Here's my latest using the Fanspeak board. 

I've come to the conclusion that it's going to be very very hard to get a DE anywhere except in round 1, unless Gettleman is willing to work a trade.  They're pretty much all gone by our 2nd round pick.  There were a few good DEs available in the draft below when I picked Robinson, but I thought Robinson was BPA, so picked him.

I would LOVE it if Shepard fell to us in the 2nd, but I have a feeling he's going to move up on boards as one of the best WRs available.

DT A'SHAWN ROBINSON
ALABAMA
WR STERLING SHEPARD
OKLAHOMA
C RYAN KELLY
ALABAMA
CB HARLAN MILLER
SOUTHEASTERN LOUISIANA
TE JERELL ADAMS
SOUTH CAROLINA

Just now, yasuhara2241 said:

Hate this offensive draft bc I like defense but at least they are good players!! Unrealistic but a kick ass give Cam weapons draft using CBS Board. 

Elliot, Henry & Shepard.  NICE.

But yeah, we will need defense for sure.

Like you, I'm generally finding much better picks on offense.  If the mock drafts are accurate, and G'man really goes BPA, he could surprise us.  If he can set us up in good shape on the Dline and the Dbacks in free agency, then yeah, bring on Elliot, Shepard & Henry.  That would be awesome.

Archived