• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Webb returns on 2-year deal

jdpanther5

7 hours ago, KB_fan said:

Nice.  No suprise at all. 

Now I'm just hoping we can sign Kyle Love before Free Agency starts.

Definitely a big YES to getting Love signed. 

I don't know if DeLaire is a FA or not, but if so, I'd expect and be happy about re-signing him for a couple more years.

With CJ coming back, we're looking a lot better across the DL.

Here's what PFF had to say about this signing:

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2016/03/07/pro-pffs-live-free-agency-news-tracker/

Panthers re-sign backup QB Joe Webb to two-year deal

3:39 p.m. ET, Tues., March 8

Carolina has re-signed backup quarterback Joe Webb to a two-year deal, per his agent. Webb lined up at QB for just one snap last season, while seeing the field for just 19 total offensive snaps. He was also a contributor on special teams, having played 372 total snaps among various units. He may not make a huge impact, but having a backup quarterback capable of playing receiver and special teams gives the Panthers an advantage when filling the 53-man roster. – Matt Claassen, @PFF_Matt

9 hours ago, TheNewStandard said:

I don't know if DeLaire is a FA or not, but if so, I'd expect and be happy about re-signing him for a couple more years.

Delaire hasn't been on any free agent list I've seen, including the ones on Panthers.com, so I'd say no.

1 hour ago, Mr. Scot said:

Delaire hasn't been on any free agent list I've seen, including the ones on Panthers.com, so I'd say no.

Didn't we inherit his contract when we picked him up from the Bucs practice squad?  He was a rookie last year so we probably have him for a few years if that's the case.

Archived