• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Official NFL Free Agency Thread

Mr. Scot

13 hours ago, KB_fan said:

Agree with your assessment of both Silatolu & Love.  I wasn't too clear in what I wrote.  What I was trying to say is that I was a bit surprised they were not signed by OTHER teams.   I'd be open to us re-signing both for cheap depth if needed, depending on how the draft shakes out, but with Soliai, Love isn't so needed now.  (We still need a  3 tech).  And with Remmers, Scott and Gradkowski all able to back up multiple positions on the Oline, we're probably not hurting too much for Oline depth either.

Hmm? What? I saw my name in bold

Broncos TE Vernon Davis to the Redskins on a one year deal, according to NFL.com

NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport reported Thursday that the veteran tight end is signing a one-year deal with the Washington Redskins, per a source informed of the situation.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000649170/article/redskins-signing-te-vernon-davis-to-oneyear-deal

Chief's are looking to trade Kniles Davis...he has had some flashes. Not sure what happened to him other than West and Ware playing out of there minds when he was injured. Would DG offer a 2017 6th or 7th rd pick for him? He's in the last year of his rookie deal but he has size and speed at the RB position we currently don't have. The only speed back we had was Todman. The other RB's we have aren't known for speed, they are more move the pile types. CAP has some potential but I wonder if Davis could show he could be a featured back for us after we move on from Stewart.

1 minute ago, CWORS said:

Chief's are looking to trade Kniles Davis...he has had some flashes. Not sure what happened to him other than West and Ware playing out of there minds when he was injured. Would DG offer a 2017 6th or 7th rd pick for him? He's in the last year of his rookie deal but he has size and speed at the RB position we currently don't have. The only speed back we had was Todman. The other RB's we have aren't known for speed, they are more move the pile types. CAP has some potential but I wonder if Davis could show he could be a featured back for us after we move on from Stewart.

He has serious ball security issues that date back to college so it doesn't seem like something he will ever fix. Great kickoff returner though. Can't see DG giving up a draft pick for him when our RB situation is pretty set and it's debatable that he'd even be an upgrade over anyone we alreday have at RB.

6 minutes ago, CelticCat said:

And it feels like only yesterday that Brady was signing his praises. Anyone else remember that fluff piece?

To be fair, LaFell was really good for them in 2014. He regressed to the mean in 2015.

35 minutes ago, CWORS said:

Ian Rapoport is saying Davis requested the trade. My guess: He'll end up being released.

6 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Ian Rapoport is saying Davis requested the trade. My guess: He'll end up being released.

Most likely. A conditional 7th is about all they can realistically hope for in return for him. Dolphins were reportedly in the trade market for a RB after missing on everyone so far so if something does happen that would be my best guess as to where he ends up.

Archived