• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers sign DT Soliai; 2 yrs, $7M

jdpanther5

11 hours ago, Bartin said:

Rather have Love back to be honest. No room on the 53 for three 1Ts. Star isn't going anywhere obviously so it would be either Love or Soilai. I wonder if Soilai is the backup plan and/or leverage to get Love to sign. Negotiations with Love obviously can't be going great since I'd think he would be one of our top priorities to re-sign and we are already 4 days into FA.

panthers were surprisingly bad on D against short yardage situations last year.  Surely G-Man saw this and thus is bringing in more run stopping help for those scenarios + to give Star a breather

4 hours ago, pantherclaw said:

Good talent for the rotation. 

I still don't expect any fast signings. 

The player will either want to be herr, and wait, or they won't. 

Every day we wait the price for free agents drops.  

Tick tock.  Gettlemen's background as a pro scouting director is pretty significant.  His eye for talent is pretty solid--sure, he made some mistakes early on, but he has gotten better each year--I think he understands the culture now.

1 hour ago, MHS831 said:

Tick tock.  Gettlemen's background as a pro scouting director is pretty significant.  His eye for talent is pretty solid--sure, he made some mistakes early on, but he has gotten better each year--I think he understands the culture now.

That's right. We've probably hosted multiple players by now. Unfortunately our beat writers are terrible and don't know poo. The players we know we have brought in (Coples, Soliai) have been reported by Rand Getlin

1 hour ago, MHS831 said:

Over half of the guys he signed last year were cut again before the season started. That's what all the waiting and bargain shopping gets you as far as free agents. There's nothing wrong with that, because we draft well, and that formula works.

I love DG and think he's the best GM we've ever had by far. But his mythical eye for talent landed us Jarret Boykin and Kevin Norwood to fix our WR situation last year. But at least they were both cheap (if you don't count draft picks given up in the trade).

I think I'm just arguing because I'm bored though, there's nobody I even want us to sign.

5 minutes ago, rodeo said:

Over half of the guys he signed last year were cut again before the season started. That's what all the waiting and bargain shopping gets you as far as free agents. There's nothing wrong with that, because we draft well, and that formula works.

I love DG and think he's the best GM we've ever had by far. But his mythical eye for talent landed us Jarret Boykin and Kevin Norwood to fix our WR situation last year. But at least they were both cheap (if you don't count draft picks given up in the trade).

I think I'm just arguing because I'm bored though, there's nobody I even want us to sign.

yeah i think part of the problem is there really isn't that great of an FA class this year to care about in the first place, which makes the rest of the guys that much more boring.

46 minutes ago, rodeo said:

No, you have a valid argument.  I just look at the fact that he has not had any $$$ to spend (until now) and has assembled a Super Bowl team.  Not bad, if you ask me.  I think the building from the bottom of the roster up has worked well for us.

Archived