• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Blockbuster Trade in the Works

chknwing

4 minutes ago, R0CKnR0LLA said:

I wouldn't say the Browns would win out here, if anything they'd be the biggest loser out of all the teams.

They have the #2 pick and need a franchise QB, why would they trade out of it. If we had traded the #1 overall pick we used to take Cam for a #19, #31 and an extra 2nd do you think we would have come out winners in that? I don't.

This QB draft really sucks though

4 minutes ago, R0CKnR0LLA said:

I wouldn't say the Browns would win out here, if anything they'd be the biggest loser out of all the teams.

They have the #2 pick and need a franchise QB, why would they trade out of it. If we had traded the #1 overall pick we used to take Cam for a #19, #31 and an extra 2nd do you think we would have come out winners in that? I don't.

True but if they truly believe they're the worst team in the league (and why wouldn't they?), maybe they get their guy next year assuming RG3 flops in his unwinnable position.

8 minutes ago, R0CKnR0LLA said:

because the browns suck at drafting qbs. they already picked up RG3. they need alot more than just a qb. stock piling picks is a smart move.

2 minutes ago, pantherfan49 said:

Nick Foles

Colin Kaepernik

Josh Freeman

guys that put up insane numbers and then returned to earth. 

There's also a much much longer list of guys that played well year 1 and then continued to play well throughout their careers.

32 minutes ago, h0llywood said:

In what world is Tyrod Taylor worth 1st rounder and another player?

The same world where Andrew Luck is planning on testing free agency next year, another 'exclusive' story from that same source.

(massively scooped Ian Rapoport and Aaron Wilson on that one, eh?)

Looking over their sports content, I would guess that page is run by a couple of Browns fans. Maybe they came up with their dream trade and decided to record it is news.

39 minutes ago, Bartin said:

This QB draft really sucks though

It doesn't have a Cam, Luck, or even a Winston at the top, but it feels like this is one of the deeper drafts at QB of the last few years. So much so that I wonder if Cleveland shouldn't employ a strategy recently used by Cincinnati (Green then Dalton) and Oakland (Mack then Carr).

Stay at 2 and take a true blue chip guy like Ramsey or Jack (I'm not sold that Wentz and Goff are at that level, really there are at least 8 players that are better talents but will go behind them because they're QBs), and then grab Cook or Hackenberg at the top of the 2nd.

Hell, trade back a bit for more picks (by that I mean trade back like...5 spots, not 17 like the article implies), the team just needs more roster-able players in general after they completely blew free agency and lost some talented players like Benjamin and Schwartz. 

6 minutes ago, jdpanther5 said:

It doesn't have a Cam, Luck, or even a Winston at the top, but it feels like this is one of the deeper drafts at QB of the last few years. So much so that I wonder if Cleveland shouldn't employ a strategy recently used by Cincinnati (Green then Dalton) and Oakland (Mack then Carr).

Stay at 2 and take a true blue chip guy like Ramsey or Jack (I'm not sold that Wentz and Goff are at that level, really there are at least 8 players that are better talents but will go behind them because they're QBs), and then grab Cook or Hackenberg at the top of the 2nd.

Hell, trade back a bit for more picks, the team just needs more roster-able players in general after they completely blew free agency and lost some talented players like Benjamin and Schwartz. 

Agreed. I don't really like Wentz all that much and Goff is pretty good but he isn't anything special. I'd rather get a bunch of picks by trading down or stay and get a stud like Ramsey then take my chances with Lynch or Cook. Hue can make magic with QBs. I don't know that it would be a terrible move to take Wentz or Goff at 2 but if someone offers you a King's ransom for it then get out and take the picks. They already committed to the rebuild. Might as well go all the way.

Who knows maybe they don't draft a QB at all and try to revive RG3. If that fails and they inevitably pick high again next year then they can go after Deshaun Watson who is going to be good or one of the other 2017 QBs like Brad Kaaya.

Archived