• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Wilson: Cravens under first-round consideration

jdpanther5

2 hours ago, JawnyBlaze said:

I'd MUUUUUUCH rather have Joseph, someone who has excelled at his prospective position, than Cravens.  I'd be ok with Cravens in the 2nd, but wouldn't be excited about the pick.

So being an all American safety his freshman year  wasn't good enough? Or would you have liked to see it more than 1 season? 

Also, I love this line... 

Versatile USC outside linebacker-safety Su’a Cravens is under consideration as a potential first-round draft pick.

lol, what does that even mean? If your boss told you you were under consideration for the potential of  raise... would you be excited or think he was full of poo?

32 minutes ago, Jeremy Igo said:

lol, what does that even mean? If your boss told you you were under consideration for the potential of  raise... would you be excited or think he was full of poo?

It doesn't mean poo. When I opened the thread,  I was expecting some new,  specific info.  This notion of Cravens as a Panther (with the presumption that he would be a first rounder) is literally February's news. 

http://charlotte.suntimes.com/carolina-panthers/7/93/226986/2016-nfl-draft-potential-panther-sua-cravens

3 hours ago, Jeremy Igo said:

Wilson is among the best (if not the best) when it comes to breaking NFL news. It's indeed weirdly vague but, for all the stories and reports he's written this offseason, I haven't seen another like this one. His fluff pieces normally have relevancy for the Texans but, I don't really see any connection to them here. I suspect he's heard this from a pretty credible source and just can't divulge anything more. 

On 4/26/2016 at 10:16 AM, Promethean Forerunner said:

This is now the third mainstream source that has pegged him as a first rounder. In addition, our entire division has brought him in for a visit, and one source stated we had 'scary' interest in him. 

So.... how did that work out for Cravens. Teams trip over themselves to select him or ? 

I just don't get the interest in Cravens, or any of the "in the box" safeties. I was hoping that after Harper was done we could move toward Safeties that were stronger in pass coverage. One has to believe that they want to get Shaq on the field more often next year. Increasing the coverage ability at SS would help accomplish that. And with the LBs we have, how much run support is really needed from either S position. Still trying  to remember any time last year when Harper was a factor close to the LOS. Would have loved Karl Joseph, but the next best thing might be his college teammate, KJ Dillon. Physical, but can still be effective in coverage. I realize that my thoughts are probably opposite of Gman and Rivera, and aren't likely to happen. Just believe pass coverage should be a higher priority when searching for Safeties moving forward. Especially on a team with LBs that look like the raptors from Jurassic Park out there. 

On ‎4‎/‎26‎/‎2016 at 6:55 AM, Jeremy Igo said:

LOL!

Yea gotta love the wording of some of these media articles in general...not just about the draft either you'll find that poo in damn near any/every main stream(and obviously non main stream) media article.

They have to make sure that when they are inevitably incorrect they can just point to how they worded the article and just say well my unnamed source told me that they were considering it or that he had the potential to go in the 1st...

Archived