• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Matt Miller: Panthers have done "heavy work" on Michael Thomas

jdpanther5

46 minutes ago, Matthias said:

I agree, and a slower clone at that.  He's definitely not worth a first.  If I even considered drafting him, I wouldn't do it until the 4th round or later.

What ? He's. Nothing like funch on tape totally different. Watch tape 

Nothing against him, but I'm not especially a fan of those "bloodlines".

You mean his bloodlines specifically or relatives of former players in general?

Often the new generational player is better than his/her relative...Curry being a recent example....keeping in mind I'm talking about those that actually make it to the pros rather than just college wonders.

Otherwise I was intrigued by Michael Thomas and thought he could be a sleeper/dark horse type of player/pick. Still not 100% sold either but it's an interesting one to keep an eye on.

1 hour ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I love it when fans talk about "watching tape" or "game film". We all know you mean YouTube highlight videos.

I love it when people talk poo out their mouth and don't know jack. I watch tape from draft breakdown and noon kicks. I know you watch highlights and just look up stats on espn.

I love it when people talk poo out their mouth and don't know jack. I watch tape from draft breakdown and noon kicks. I know you watch highlights and just look up stats on espn.

Ah, gotcha.  Draft breakdown.  Sorry, I should have said "YouTube highlights with commentary rather than shitty rap music" then.

19 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Ah, gotcha.  Draft breakdown.  Sorry, I should have said "YouTube highlights with commentary rather than shitty rap music" then.

Ah gotcha. Your a pro scout and have access to all 22 tape of Ohio state and can tell the future because you already know Michael Thomas will bust. Sorry about that.

Ah gotcha. Your a pro scout and have access to all 22 tape of Ohio state and can tell the future because you already know Michael Thomas will bust. Sorry about that.

No, I'm not.  Hence why I don't act like I have access to real game film.  We all watch YouTube highlights, don't try to church it up and act like it's something it's not.

Personally, I think Thomas can become a solid WR but I don't think he's worthy of a 1st round pick and I'm honestly not sold on him in the 2nd.  That's just my opinion based on watching a couple OSU games, watching some YouTube videos and taking a look at his workout numbers and game logs.  See, it's possible to give your opinion on a prospect and not exaggerate how you arrived at that opinion.

Just because we did heavy wor on him doesn't mean we're considering him in the 1st....we better not be.

This.  Draft are valuable and teams want to make good investments all the way through the draft.  They do a lot of work on prospects they project throughout the draft.

We've spent a lot of time with Harlan Miller too.  If be shocked if we took him at #30.

I love it when fans talk about "watching tape" or "game film". We all know you mean YouTube highlight videos.

Now, now. There ARE all sorts of fans that can't get enough football. My nephew for example. He watches A LOT stuff like that. Yet he still calls me sporadically for me to explain things. Sure you can watch and listen to tapes and things. Does not mean you understand it.

My brother in law is a junkie as well. But he is such a dip wad, nobody wants to ask him any questions. He makes you sound like a total idiot while he explains it to you. Which is why his own son, my nephew, calls me. I may not be the brightest, but I have a knack of cutting to the chase.

1st-round skill-position guys are expensive to hold on to, after their rookie contracts are up.

Im leaning towards trading out of the first if at all possible. 

I understand your apprehension. But there are two things that go into that 1st round thingy. 1st, you do get that 5th year option. That is a big deal if you get a very good player. You have that extra year to work out a deal you can both live with. You draft to get talent. And that 5th year option is just another way to help you retain that talent. Sure you can lose out on those guys. Some outprice themselves. But if you play the game properly, and treat them right, like Stah, you have a good chance of keeping them.

2nd, The higher you draft, the better chance you have of getting a star. And isn't that what is important? Sure you can get a star in the later rounds, but that isn't as easy as it seems. Theoretically, the higher you pick, the better your odds of picking a star.

10 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

No, I'm not.  Hence why I don't act like I have access to real game film.  We all watch YouTube highlights, don't try to church it up and act like it's something it's not.

Personally, I think Thomas can become a solid WR but I don't think he's worthy of a 1st round pick and I'm honestly not sold on him in the 2nd.  That's just my opinion based on watching a couple OSU games, watching some YouTube videos and taking a look at his workout numbers and game logs.  See, it's possible to give your opinion on a prospect and not exaggerate how you arrived at that opinion.

OK you just said he would be a busted if we picked him in the 1st. My opinion was that him and devin are different players with different skill-set.I'm not the one on here calling people bust and switching up my tone. I'm not a scout and I don't everything about the NFL the only thing i pointed out was that if you watch him on tape he's nothing like devin.

Archived