• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Sorry. Gettlemens Draft This Year Blows

chknwing

49 minutes ago, tiger7_88 said:

Thanks!

Just for purposes of scheduling, I'll be out in the yard from 10:00 AM to noon tomorrow mowing grass, so I apologize in advance for missing any potential exciting news! ;)

I got my first riding mower the other day. So yesterday was spent doing yard work. Man, it's amazing when you don't have to expend all that energy walking behind a mower, how much energy you have to actually finish the job.  When I got done mowing and trimming, I almost got the clippers out. Luckily, I came to my senses first. I hate yard work.

Oh, and man, I hope these two CBs can play, cuz we could use the help. I trust Gman's evaluation skills, so I am hopeful they can be in the rotation by the time the playoffs come around. Bene', and Boykin are quality starters. But boy it's hard to convince yourself we have much more than that back there.

Hellz, we play a poo ton of zone, if these kids can pick it up. Why Not? We do have a fine bunch of coaches. If they have the talent. We can coach them up. I tell ya what.

We can't assume that every player G-Man picks will be a pro bowler.  He has missed on his fair share of players, but my main beef is trading our 4th for a guy who more than likely would have been there at our original 3rd round pick.  Losing that 4th round pick takes away a chance to add depth to the roster, specifically at LT, SS, or ILB.  I really hope those picks pan out. 

2 hours ago, nickzz said:

according to that list every single CB was overdrafted, with only william jackson III being the exception.

William Jackson III was supposed to be our first round draft pick. We started scrambling to plan B, C, D, etc right after he was off the board. 

Le sigh on what coulda shoulda woulda  :( 

2016-04-30 (2).png

3 hours ago, Rastlet said:

I bet 1 of the 2 corners if not both don't even make the 53.

Lol you really think Gettleman spent a 2nd and moved up in the 3rd to place these guys on the practice squad to possibly get poached? I want what you're smoking. 

Archived