• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Game 7

Sapper

4 hours ago, TheRed said:

I don't know either.

Might need a major culture change like what happened after 2010 when Cam Newton was drafted. Mediocrity is almost acceptable.

I've been thinking  the same thing

I can remember Cam talking about changing the losing mentality in Carolina when he was drafted. But have to admit he's had help.

Cho ain't no Gettleman

2 hours ago, Panthers Fanatic said:

U right...unfortunately, we'd have to overpay for Batum and I would rather have Whiteside, period. Howard would be a disaster here.

I'd rather have broken down Howard as a reclamation project (Jefferson, McBob, Marvin, Lin, etc.) than Whiteside, who has Lance Stephenson written all over him outside of Miami.

2 hours ago, Cuttinedge said:

I've been thinking  the same thing

I can remember Cam talking about changing the losing mentality in Carolina when he was drafted. But have to admit he's had help.

Cho ain't no Gettleman

But, that team needed a total overhaul starting with Cam.  This team has a few solid pieces, and Kemba has been a winner his whole life...  he still is, but he needs a team around him that are also winners.  And as I said before, you win over time with stars.  Kemba is a lower-tier star, we need to find a way to bring in one bigger than him to help.  Problem is, making it to the playoffs and knocked out in the first round and drafting horribly isn't the way to do it.

Howard is linked here already as a landing spot because it makes so much sense.

Clifford in Orlando 

Lin from Houston

Howard respects Clifford and is friends with Lin. It would also put Howard back in a defensive system that he knows well from his Orlando days. 

However, Lin is also expected to opt out of his contract and look for more money. You have Batum who will be a max player and Howard would definitely be a max player....so it would be very expensive. 

17 hours ago, OldNorthPowell said:

You mean the favorited team who had the same record as us and split the season series with us. The same team we beat 3 times in a row. NBA is a set up and that is my opinion but saying the heat were huge favorites makes no sense outside of media pundits who beat the drums for big markets. NBA has the least amount of parity of any sport hands down and it is getting worse. My last comments on this league time to enjoy summer at the beaches.

ironic that you say this on a football board considering the AFC champs since like 2003 have been QB'd by only 4 QB's (Brady, Manning, Roethlisberger, Flacco)

14 hours ago, YoungPanthers89 said:

Letting Biz walk was a bigger mistake than we made it out to be and it shows against big, athletic centers.

Yup.  I said this along with a few others when we let him walk that it was stupid.  He got paid peanuts too.  We really failed.  Would it have helped us win this?  Idk, but I know Biz would have gotten under Whiteside's skin and probably messed him up in the head.  Also, they wouldn't be getting free buckets in the paint against us.  

1 hour ago, pantherphan96 said:

ironic that you say this on a football board considering the AFC champs since like 2003 have been QB'd by only 4 QB's (Brady, Manning, Roethlisberger, Flacco)

Since 1988:

Detroit Pistons (3)
Chicago Bulls (6)
Houston Rockets (2)
San Antonio Spurs (5)
Los Angeles Lakers (5)
Miami Heat (3)
Boston Celtics
Dallas Mavericks
Golden State Warriors

That's every team to have won a championship in the NBA since the Hornets began play. That's 9 teams. There have been 13 NFL champions since the Panthers began play, and that's 7 fewer seasons. The NBA has 3 teams that account for 16 Championships since 1991. There is far more parody in the NFL than the NBA.

34 minutes ago, JccOldTime23 said:

Since 1988:

Detroit Pistons (3)
Chicago Bulls (6)
Houston Rockets (2)
San Antonio Spurs (5)
Los Angeles Lakers (5)
Miami Heat (3)
Boston Celtics
Dallas Mavericks
Golden State Warriors

That's every team to have won a championship in the NBA since the Hornets began play. That's 9 teams. There have been 13 NFL champions since the Panthers began play, and that's 7 fewer seasons. The NBA has 3 teams that account for 16 Championships since 1991. There is far more parody in the NFL than the NBA.

Including two Bulls 3 peats and a Lakers 3 peat skews that statistic a lot worse. 2003-present there have been 10 different NFL champs, 8 different NBA champs, 8 different MLB champs, 9 different NHL champs.

The way NBA playoffs (and best of 7 series in any sport) work are conducive to the same few dominant teams winning every year. NFL would be similar if it wasn't single elimination.

4 hours ago, JccOldTime23 said:

Since 1988:

Detroit Pistons (3)
Chicago Bulls (6)
Houston Rockets (2)
San Antonio Spurs (5)
Los Angeles Lakers (5)
Miami Heat (3)
Boston Celtics
Dallas Mavericks
Golden State Warriors

Not sure the Hornets will ever make this list unless we luck into a Stephen Curry or Tim Duncan.

18 hours ago, pantherphan96 said:

...and Flacco only once.  The other three have twelve of thirteen

Archived