• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Why the NFL Hates Us: The Story of Cam Newton, and the "Relevance" Factor

Saca312

9 hours ago, RumHam said:

So we're basically the Roman Reigns of the NFL. I'd rather be the Seth Rollins.

Not quite, but we dont have a media that will defend anyone here though. Worse, they love to drag our players through the mud every chance they get.

It is really simple.  Our team is brash and cocky and that rubs many people the wrong way. It is like king of the hill.  When someone stands there at the top and says knock me off, everyone lines up to do just that.  If they can't they get butt hurt and angry.  It is human nature and isnt unique to the Panthers. We just happen to be standing on the hill at the moment.

On Monday, May 09, 2016 at 8:09 PM, Lumps said:

The irony.

Another us against the world, everyone hates us....but I'm a fan so I'm unique thread.

I honestly have never met someone who doesn't appreciate the panther's last season. The people feeling inadequate are the ones making these threads and constantly bitching about the 'hate', and have been since the day Cam was drafted, that really isn't there anymore than any other successful team if you pay attention. Look, you'll find it.

But I get it, it's human nature to want to find some reason to think we're different and special. I just wish it was a good/valid one.

The irony is you making yet another comment that's  bitching about other people bitching.

I appreciate the post, but I think you're reaching on some of the hate. We're a pretty small market team. As much as I don't like saying it, we're not really popular enough to draw the "Cam is hated as much as Tom Brady or LeBron James" talk. I really haven't heard much talk from the casual fan, at all really, since the super bowl. It would probably be the same if we'd won the thing. 

I could be way off base here, but you know that we huddlers scour the wire grasping for anything Panthers related. Unlike the time when deflategate was dominating any and all sports feeds, casual fans aren't seeing anything Panthers related outside of maybe the afternoon that Jno signed with the skins. 

In short, there is probably a similar thread on the Kansas City Royals page about how EVERYONE hates them, but I seriously(not kidding) had to look up just now to figure out whether they won or lost the world series. They won, by the way. Didn't look up who they played against, because...who cares. If you turn on SportsCenter right now, you'll see Jerry Jones at a Beyonce concert. Just how it is.

reading the thread and watching the trailer  about Cam's new Nickolodeon show "All In with Cam Newton" I couldn't help but think of one other way we can infuriate other fan's.

by recruiting their kids.

Imagine the Giants or Washington or any other team's season ticket holder coming home from a hard day at the office to find his precious 9 year old is now a fan of Cam Newton and the Carolina Panthers?  And he can't do ish about it.

The hate is real, and it will continue and it is delicious.

Any FB post about Cam, besides the Panthers FB of course, is filled with hate comments and always bring up not diving. It kind of sucks cause I would like to comment on my favorite team's success and our franchise QB, but I can't get mixed up in it.

5 hours ago, PntherPryd said:

reading the thread and watching the trailer  about Cam's new Nickolodeon show "All In with Cam Newton" I couldn't help but think of one other way we can infuriate other fan's.

by recruiting their kids.

Imagine the Giants or Washington or any other team's season ticket holder coming home from a hard day at the office to find his precious 9 year old is now a fan of Cam Newton and the Carolina Panthers?  And he can't do ish about it.

The hate is real, and it will continue and it is delicious.

well if anyone remembers that dolphins fan who lives in charlotte and used to post here, that's basically what happened to him.

he was talking about his young kid being a panthers and cam newton fan despite his best efforts to steer him toward the dolphins.  it's a real thing, definitely.

so tired of this "why they hate us post" shut up!!  not reading it..get over it when you become successful you will get hatred.. when u suck.. u suck and you still get hate!! p.S unless u r Jacksonville suck is just a part of life.. So get use to the hate with success

13 hours ago, DamnItJake! said:

so tired of this "why they hate us post" shut up!!  not reading it..get over it when you become successful you will get hatred.. when u suck.. u suck and you still get hate!! p.S unless u r Jacksonville suck is just a part of life.. So get use to the hate with success

You have every right to hate what post you choose. How bout  trying this, if you hate a topic so much just ignore it and stop posting about how much you disdain the topic. Just a thought.

Archived