• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

I just realized something. Cam Newton has been huge for a while

Saca312

I was looking up Panther highlights and stuff because, well, I'm so hyped for next season, and I came across this gem:

This kid looks like a freaking freight train his junior year. Like if you mashed up the Hulk and Superman together.

I don't think I've ever seen a highschool QB look this intimidating. Like how do these kids play without cowering in fear? Cam Newton looks like a bulldozer ready to flatten a chicken. And this is in highschool folks!

I'm so glad we have this monster as our QB.

Anyways, I need to sober down a bit. Just take what you will out of this.

15 minutes ago, ctrcat said:

When I said repeatedly he has the greatest resume and skill set of a (now) 27 year old in the history of team sports, this was certainly part of it.

Considering we're looking at the resume of players in team sports I can't agree with this until we win some championships, or at least just one.

20 minutes ago, thomas96 said:

Considering we're looking at the resume of players in team sports I can't agree with this until we win some championships, or at least just one.

At age 27, again, resume AND "skill set".  High School, 3 national championships in 3 years in college, the greatest single season in CFB history, and greatest first five years in NFL history playing THE premium position in sports.

Remember it took MJ 7 years to get #1.

1 hour ago, ctrcat said:

At age 27, again, resume AND "skill set".  High School, 3 national championships in 3 years in college, the greatest single season in CFB history, and greatest first five years in NFL history playing THE premium position in sports.

Remember it took MJ 7 years to get #1.

Still don't agree. High school, and college are irrelevant. Not the highest level. And I can't agree with greatest first five years in the NFL history. MJ has absolutely nothing to do with this discussion.

10 hours ago, thomas96 said:

Still don't agree. High school, and college are irrelevant. Not the highest level. And I can't agree with greatest first five years in the NFL history. MJ has absolutely nothing to do with this discussion.

Who has a better resume and skill set in NFL history (first five years) and why?  It's not even remotely close.

Archived