• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What's the deal with the elevators?

Jangler

12 hours ago, rayzor said:

went to publix a lot when i was in south carolina. never saw any stairs or elevators. must be a new thing there.

This new one in WS has a parking garage and the store is on top of that. 

It's becoming more commonplace with new grocery stores, due to a number of factors

1. less parcels in prime locations are big enough to accomodate the size of a large grocery store and parking

2. stormwater regulations are making it really hard to building big expansive parking areas, so more stores are going to parking beneath

3. environmental certification programs like LEED are encouraging more compact designs with less exposed pavement

2 minutes ago, Jase said:

It's becoming more commonplace with new grocery stores, due to a number of factors

1. less parcels in prime locations are big enough to accomodate the size of a large grocery store and parking

2. stormwater regulations are making it really hard to building big expansive parking areas, so more stores are going to parking beneath

3. environmental certification programs like LEED are encouraging more compact designs with less exposed pavement

Yessir. We have no less than 145 city-monitored stormwater retention ponds (BMPs). And it's not just grocery stores, it's any structure which impacts surface drainage of stormwater. 

1 hour ago, Datawire said:

Speaking of grocery stores. The most impressive I have ever seen was the Super Wegman's in upstate Rochester NY. I haven't been the same since. Anyone here ever seen one of these?

Can't be more impressive than our local Food Lions.   

Archived