• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Cam Newton, reigning MVP, among most Underpaid (edit)

CarolinaCoolin

18 minutes ago, Kuechly59 said:

Lmao lmao lmao i want to make a personal attack soooo bad right now....

its its saying he needs a raise lmao.

#readingcomprehensionproblems

#fail

I'm having a hard time comprehending your post as well.. Please tell me what "its its" means.. If you're gonna be a douche, check your own grammar, douche.. :)

1 hour ago, Panther49er said:

I'm having a hard time comprehending your post as well.. Please tell me what "its its" means.. If you're gonna be a douche, check your own grammar, douche.. :)

What he's trying to say is that the some seem to have misunderstood the article.  It's saying Cam isn't paid enough, that he's UNDERPAID for what he brings to the Panthers.

2 hours ago, Ship said:

where's the thing that says Cam is 7th most paid athlete in the world? he made like 52 million last year. it's that yogurt money coming in. he don't need to hurt our cap.

Those lists are usually compiled from official income (as the government sees it). So depending on contract structure both signing bonus och other guaranteed money could be included.

We had three players making the top 100 list a couple years ago (CJ, Kalil and someone I can't remember).  

8 hours ago, OriginalPantherDan said:

Are you implying that Cam is OVERpaid?! If so, you must be watching a different QB than me. 

No I am just saying he is well paid and fairly compensated for the time being. If he wins a Superbowl or wins the MVP then his next contract will reflect that as well. Meanwhile he got  close to 35 million in salary and endorsements in 2015.  Hard to call that underpaid either.

8 hours ago, IGSaint said:

Lol I wonder if Panthers55 will make the same argument for all the QB's in the league who haven't won a superbowl and especially Luck and the contract that he's going to get. If you just paid a QB on playoff and superbowl wins, then most QB's are overpaid. 

Cam made close to 30 million in salary last year counting his signing bonus and roster bonus alone. You huddle mathematicians always confuse salary cap with salary. He was paid very well for 2015.

7 hours ago, aussiePanther said:

You're talking about the reigning MVP who put the offense on his back and MADE it the highest scoring offense in the league.

You're talking about the QB who earned the 15th (FIFTEENTH) highest amount last year.

Tell me you think there was just a single QB who earned their paycheck more than Cam earned his and I'll tell you you're flat out wrong. I don't care if it's an opinion, it's wrong.

Again he got close to  30 million in signing bonus and roster bonus alone. That wasn't the 18th highest among quarterbacks. His overall deal was 4th among quarterbacks among total compensation but what he received was likely higher than anyone unless another quarterback got more in a signing bonus. Again you confuse salary cap or average salary with his actual salary. I am talking what he got paid for what he did. And as usual I am the one who is right. 

7 hours ago, IGSaint said:

Lol I wonder if Panthers55 will make the same argument for all the QB's in the league who haven't won a superbowl and especially Luck and the contract that he's going to get. If you just paid a QB on playoff and superbowl wins, then most QB's are overpaid. 

Most QBs are overpaid. But Cam got over 30 million in 2015. Now if he takes us to the Superbowl and we win in 2016 based on his salary for this year then you can say he was underpaid for 2016. But for 2015 he was very well paid. In 2016 he has done nothing yet so you can't say much until you see what he does.

Archived