• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What Guns do You Have?

Jackofalltrades

Another thread sparked my interest so I figured I'd start a thread. What guns do you own or are you planning to buy? Any gear, accessories, etc is welcome too. 

I have a S&W SD9VE for regular carry. I carry hollow points but at night I load the civil defense rounds and keep a third mag for practice/fun. 115 grain on all

Remington 870 12 gauge for fun and home defense. Buck shot/game load  

I am about to purchase the Sig Sauer P320 Compact Carry 9 with laser/light combo. And I also want a long rifle, ideally the Sig MPX or an AR. 

The HK VP9 grabbed my attention from an ergonomic stand point but I have yet to actually fire one and test it out. 

Your turn. 

I had the Sig you're wanting- give it a try first. My hands are big enough to palm a basketball and it never felt comfortable in my hands. Tried a couple different grip combinations, but just never worked for me as much as I like everything else about it.

His & hers Beretta 92F (now called the 92FS) and a Benelli M2 Tactical Pistol Grip shotgun.

I know the Glock fanboys will knock it but I love the Springfield XD and XDm series.  I have a 9mm XD and 45 XDm.  I picked it b/c I shoot best with them, which is what I guess matters to me.

1 hour ago, CRA said:

I know the Glock fanboys will knock it but I love the Springfield XD and XDm series.  I have a 9mm XD and 45 XDm.  I picked it b/c I shoot best with them, which is what I guess matters to me.

Absolutely. One of the primary reasons people can't shoot worth a crap is they'd rather have a weapon that looks cool than one they can easily handle and feels comfortable.  

1 hour ago, CRA said:

I really like the XD series as far as the way it feels, especially the textured grip. I have yet to actually shoot one though.

I actually shot the Sig at a range in Concord and that's where I fell in love with it. I need to see if the have the VP9 or even the HK P30, but they're both a couple hundred dollars more than the Sig. 

I had a former police issue Baretta 40 that was full sizes but traded it for the S&W for something smaller and I prefer the 9 mm. 

Sig 2022 9mm
Sig Mosquito .22LR
Remington 710 30-06
Savage 64G .22LR
Cricket .22LR
Henry Golden Boy lever action .22LR (x2, one for each of my sons, gifts from my dad)
Mossberg 500 pump 20 gauge
Baikal single shot 20 gauge

4 minutes ago, Jackofalltrades said:

I really like the XD series as far as the way it feels, especially the textured grip. I have yet to actually shoot one though.

I actually shot the Sig at a range in Concord and that's where I fell in love with it. I need to see if the have the VP9 or even the HK P30, but they're both a couple hundred dollars more than the Sig. 

I had a former police issue Baretta 40 that was full sizes but traded it for the S&W for something smaller and I prefer the 9 mm. 

grip angle on the Glocks just didn't work for me.  Surprised more people don't take issue on it and that ultimately is why I think I do better w/ the XDs.

some people don't like the grip safety on the XD but it is a natural safety (which means I couldn't want to fire my pistol without naturally engaging it regardless).

I used to drive this...

2 each 5" 54 cal

122 Vertical Launch System missile cells equipped to launch anything from an SM anti-aircraft to a Tomahawk cruise missile.

2 each Close in Weapons System (CIWS) 20mm Vulcan Gatling Cannon 4500 rds per min @ 3600 feet per sec

6 torpedo tubes

and an armory full of M16s, Berettas, shotguns, M60s, M79s, etc.   

-USS-Bunker-Hill-CG-52-Vls-Ticonderoga-.

Archived