• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Opposing fan attendance - a prediction thread

We all know the history of opposing fans flooding BoA during home games.  Obviously our recent trip to SB 50 will help to keep home crowd attendance high, but my question to y'all is:  do you think we've made it over the hump?  Do yall think that even in a slump year we have built up a strong enough fan base to avoid seeing strong opposition fan presence during home games?  Let me clarify that I do not predict a slump in the very near future, but I'm just curious if the Huddle thinks we've matured enough as a fan base to keep home field advantage even during a subpar season.

Look at who we play at home.  Should definitely be 90% at every home game.  That's more a reflection of the schedule.  Chargers,  Cardinals,  vikings,  niners,  chiefs and the the nfc south opponents.   The only real chances of opposing fans is Atlanta. I would say the niners but it's the home opener and they suck

4 hours ago, crowntownpanther said:

We all know the history of opposing fans flooding BoA during home games.  Obviously our recent trip to SB 50 will help to keep home crowd attendance high, but my question to y'all is:  do you think we've made it over the hump?  Do yall think that even in a slump year we have built up a strong enough fan base to avoid seeing strong opposition fan presence during home games?  Let me clarify that I do not predict a slump in the very near future, but I'm just curious if the Huddle thinks we've matured enough as a fan base to keep home field advantage even during a subpar season.

Doubt it will be as much of an issue this year, opposing fans don't travel when there is 110% chance of their team getting it's ass whipped Stonecold style.

When planning road trips, the odds of winning are always something thrown into the mix - when you spend a lot of money for a weekend getaway you want to have a decent chance of leaving the opposing teams stadium happy. So I think there will be a dip in opposing team fans coming to BofA this year, at least the first half of the season, because of that. If we suck for some reason though, the second half of the season will have a lot more of them, as disgruntled bandwagoners try to get something out of their tickets, and opposing team fans will snatch them up to see their team beat Cam.

Will be a decent amount of NC State turned Charger fans when they come down due to Phillip Rivers. Even though the 49ers suck, they'll still have pretty good attendance. 

I think we're getting better, but there's still a ways to go. Opposing fans better not bring any signs into the stadium, though. Cam's not having that poo.

6 hours ago, crowntownpanther said:

I hear ya. As far as opponent bandwagon fans attending our home games, last year was lame (I attended the Eagles game. Philly fans suck a$$) but this year's pretty different since a lot of our opponents at home are from the Midwest or West.

47 minutes ago, MountaineerChemist10 said:

I hear ya. As far as opponent bandwagon fans attending our home games, last year was lame (I attended the Eagles game. Philly fans suck a$$) but this year's pretty different since a lot of our opponents at home are from the Midwest or West.

When the 9ers played here in the playoffs in 2013, there were tons of 9er fans. Tons! They took over the Observer deck and were everywhere. There was an audible "DEFENSE" chant when the Panthers were on a 3rd and short attempt. Let's go 9ers! Could be heard loud and clear.

4 hours ago, toldozer said:

Look at who we play at home.  Should definitely be 90% at every home game.  That's more a reflection of the schedule.  Chargers,  Cardinals,  vikings,  niners,  chiefs and the the nfc south opponents.   The only real chances of opposing fans is Atlanta. I would say the niners but it's the home opener and they suck

This is where I was going with my post too. 

Archived