• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bill Cowher could be at the helm of the Panthers.

ncguy2184

Fox broadcaster Terry Bradshaw said today that if Carolina QB Jake Delhomme doesn't improve, both he and head coach John Fox will be out of jobs and former Steelers coach Bill Cowher could be at the helm of the Panthers.

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/thehuddle/post/2009/09/terry-bradshaw-jake-delhommes-demise-greasing-bill-cowhers-path-to-carolina/1

I love making yall mad lmao let the B****ing begin

Let us pray the Chin takes over

Why would we not kick a field goal on the drive with 2 something left? We could have kicked off and put them further back and ultimately had a shorter field to score the game winning TD. Oh, I know why...Because our coaching is Vanilla and predictable....

No. More like our ST sucked and would probably let the return man across the 50. Or we'd try the dreaded onside kick and Atlanta would recover. Then the defense probably wouldn't have been able to stop them and we'd still be slinging the hail mary pass at the end.

Too bad Terry Bradshaw is a moron and has no clue what he's talking about.

He might not be 'smart', but he IS the Pittsburgh Steelers legendary Quarterback from the 70s dynasty. He knows what Cowher is willing to do, and even more so because he and Cowher both work for pre-game day shows just with different networks. I can guarantee they are in contact. But Bradshaw doesn't know what Jerry Richardson...but let's hope they're on the same page...

I don't have the picture l l l l for nothing

V V V V

I think Cowher would be able to convince some good people to come join him. IMO players would want to play for him, and coaches would want to work for him.

Damn right. I can't believe people wouldn't want an experienced NFL head coach who is a proven winner, and has fielded many competitive teams during his tenure. Some people on this board are acting pretty spoiled in my opinion in thinking that Cowher isn't good enough. I don't know that Cowher would change us into a superbowl contender, but I DO know that I'm tired of Fox Ball.

Terry Bradshaw once reported that Jake Delhomme was going to be cut and the Panthers were going to draft a first round quarterback. It made a big splash on the boards when it hit.

That 'report" came in late 2006. I'm still waiting for it to come true.

Bradshaw is very entertaining to watch, and I like him personally, but the sad, harsh truth is that he's the second dumbest sportscaster on TV. Only Joe Theismann is lower on the intellometer. Heck, just last week, he made a Super Bowl prediction then later was asked to predict the NFC championship and didn't put his NFC Super Bowl pick in the game :sosp:

Nothing he "reports" should be taken seriously.

If Cowher had stayed in Pittsburgh, he would have gotten another one, and would have had another one if it hadn't been for O'Donnell.

Some of you are either too young and inexperienced to appreciate the fact that Cowher was a damned good coach, or basically just don't know football.

Cowher's teams were always prepared, very disciplined, well-coached, played with heart, and rarely embarrassed. Cowher, himself, was a master motivator that players loved to play for, and was not afraid to throw in some smart surprises if the situation arose (like the on-side kick in the Super Bowl vs Dallas).

There were few, if any coaches, that were going to out-coach him during halftime. The Panthers could do a whole lot worse than Cowher (or Schottenheimer for that matter), and I'd like to know who out there, save maybe for a Jimmy Johnson, who is better?

Let's be real. Cowher is an industrial grade diamond, and that's probably what we need right now.

I am all for Cowher ( and would not be opposed to marty either, but just more hesitant )

Id assume it would involve switching to the 3-4 though, a few holes would need to be filled for that, but the O is def the right style and everything seems set on that side ( outside QB )

Not really as much as you might think. Leonard was a 3-4 NT with the Browns and Kemo could be one. Harris was what Steelers fans considered there future at DE and Brayton has the perfect build and skillset for that 3-4 DE. Peppers would be an all-pro at OLB (and he would stay if Cowher came). Our linbackers aside from Digs are very athletic and good in coverage. Actually it wouldn't need to much to make the switch. Green Bay did a quick change maybe we can.

Archived