• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

NFL Sunday Ticket for students

Burnout189

Here's some info about the NFL Sunday ticket that I found out today and wish to share in case anyone is in the same boat as me, and would be able to take advantage of it:

Pretty much if you are typically outside of the Panthers viewing market, like myself, and want to view all of the regular season games but don't want to pay out of the a** for DirecTV, like I also used to , you can get the Sunday Ticket at a discount for streaming services. If you have access to some form of student ID or student documents stating you are currently enrolled in a school, university etc. then you can sign up for the student pass through DirecTV and get the Sunday Ticket for $25 a month for the 4 months of the regular season. So now I can watch all of the games through my Android TV.

Just figured I'd share bc I was ecstatic when I found out they had this going.

You should look into getting an Amazon Firestick with Kodi preloaded.  I paid about $65 for it off ebay, and it's already paid for itself.  I'll get all NFL games, and I'm curious to see how many college games I get...I think a lot.  Games aren't 1080, but some links are in 720.  Games are about 45 seconds behind live tv.

4 minutes ago, nctarheel0619 said:

So, I go to NC State currently.  How would I do this?  Could I do this through PlayStation or what?  

https://nflst.directv.com/student

Basically just submit the info it requests in the link, and then it will ask you to attach a copy of your student ID or one of several other documents confirming your student status. The you get an email shortly after saying if you can sign-up or not. But it does list the PS3 and PS4 as compatible devices I believe.

this is weird. a bit off topic, but it is about NFL Gamepass. I bought it last season, and it expired on 8/5 this year. I checked my bank balance yesterday, and $199 was taken out to pay for this season. "OK, cool. I was not planning on it, but that is fine, I just won't have to do it later, and the first game is tomorrow. So I will just tough it out this paycheck."

So I sign in this morning for some background noise while I work. And then I check my bank balance again, since I need to withdraw some money during lunch. And the $199 is back in my account, no longer pending, nor taken out. But my Gamepass account still shows active through the season, paid in full. The credit card number on file is my debit card. Just hoping that if they cancelled it, that it at least lasts until tomorrow.

39 minutes ago, Burnout189 said:

Here's some info about the NFL Sunday ticket that I found out today and wish to share in case anyone is in the same boat as me, and would be able to take advantage of it:

Pretty much if you are typically outside of the Panthers viewing market, like myself, and want to view all of the regular season games but don't want to pay out of the a** for DirecTV, like I also used to , you can get the Sunday Ticket at a discount for streaming services. If you have access to some form of student ID or student documents stating you are currently enrolled in a school, university etc. then you can sign up for the student pass through DirecTV and get the Sunday Ticket for $25 a month for the 4 months of the regular season. So now I can watch all of the games through my Android TV.

Just figured I'd share bc I was ecstatic when I found out they had this going.

Pie for helping save lives.

4 minutes ago, sharkkiller said:

this is weird. a bit off topic, but it is about NFL Gamepass. I bought it last season, and it expired on 8/5 this year. I checked my bank balance yesterday, and $199 was taken out to pay for this season. "OK, cool. I was not planning on it, but that is fine, I just won't have to do it later, and the first game is tomorrow. So I will just tough it out this paycheck."

So I sign in this morning for some background noise while I work. And then I check my bank balance again, since I need to withdraw some money during lunch. And the $199 is back in my account, no longer pending, nor taken out. But my Gamepass account still shows active through the season, paid in full. The credit card number on file is my debit card. Just hoping that if they cancelled it, that it at least lasts until tomorrow.

That is weird indeed. Maybe the 199 were on hold and will come up later again. When you signed up last time you must have checked the "Auto Renewal" box, so every year you will receive a new Gamepass automaticly.

BTW: Gamepass prices are different in many countries. I heared UK prices are a lot cheaper than others. You just have to login with a UK IP when enrolling...

13 minutes ago, osd22 said:

That is weird indeed. Maybe the 199 were on hold and will come up later again. When you signed up last time you must have checked the "Auto Renewal" box, so every year you will receive a new Gamepass automaticly.

BTW: Gamepass prices are different in many countries. I heared UK prices are a lot cheaper than others. You just have to login with a UK IP when enrolling...

I figured it out. What had happened was, after it expired, I went to the app on my phone, and it popped up that there was a 7 day free trial. I clicked on it to see what credit card it was being billed towards, and then closed it. I must have clicked ok by mistake, and it activated the 7 day trial. Which is fine, as I will just watch the game this week, then cancel it, and reactivate it later on. So the charge was them checking to make sure that I had the money on the card for the purchase in 7 days. But it does not hold it, just checks that the funds are there, then releases them.

19 minutes ago, sharkkiller said:

I figured it out. What had happened was, after it expired, I went to the app on my phone, and it popped up that there was a 7 day free trial. I clicked on it to see what credit card it was being billed towards, and then closed it. I must have clicked ok by mistake, and it activated the 7 day trial. Which is fine, as I will just watch the game this week, then cancel it, and reactivate it later on. So the charge was them checking to make sure that I had the money on the card for the purchase in 7 days. But it does not hold it, just checks that the funds are there, then releases them.

I had something similar happen to me with the auto renew for the Funimation Streaming app. I was charged one day and refunded a few days later with my account still fully active for the year. I however am conviced my fraud department flagged it as funimation is located in Texas and me living in GA I don't think it picked up on Funimation being a legitimate business. 

1 hour ago, GolfRasta said:

You should look into getting an Amazon Firestick with Kodi preloaded.  I paid about $65 for it off ebay, and it's already paid for itself.  I'll get all NFL games, and I'm curious to see how many college games I get...I think a lot.  Games aren't 1080, but some links are in 720.  Games are about 45 seconds behind live tv.

Think I'll invest in this. So the $65 is all I'd have to pay? No monthly payments, right?

If you are in market and are forced to use TWC internet service, this doesn't make sense financially.

Just an FYI out there for those of you who are also forced into their bundling piles of poo packages.

If anyone knows of a way for me to get internet through TWC without paying the same price as I need to for the bundle please let me know. Been wanting to cut cable however it's only $5 in savings once their "special" is absolved. 

1 hour ago, Kakarot said:

Think I'll invest in this. So the $65 is all I'd have to pay? No monthly payments, right?

Search it on youtube man....It's awesome.  You get any TV show or movie you can think of.  Movies still in the theater are a little bootleg, but once they come out on DVD they're HD.  No use in keeping netflix or hulu after getting this.  You can stream live TV (45 sec behind live).  I dropped my cable down to bare minimum because of this thing....Really the only reason I still have cable is for Panthers games in HD and the local news.  No monthly fees...I just paid $65 on ebay...Search "Jailbroken firestick with kodi".  

This thing paid for itself while Game of Thrones was out.  I would get the stream at about 9:15 every sunday night, when the show started at 9pm.

Archived