• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Newsday: Panthers to work out Will Beatty

jdpanther5

7 hours ago, electro's horse said:

Eh. He blew out a pec benching, then tore his rotator cuff rehabbing it. 

As long as his pec is fine he should be okay. 

Bigger problem is his conditioning at this point. He'll have been basically out of football for nearly 2 years. 

So has Foucault,  in a sense.

15 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Joe Person ‏@josephperson

Former Giants offensive tackle Will Beatty had his workout w/ Panthers. But no contract offer at this point, per league sources.

Let the overreaction begin.

See, this is the kind of thing that bothers me. Calling it an overreaction if people are upset about allowing a player to leave town without a contract. It's an easy position to take because you'll never be wrong for advocating doing nothing except what the front office actually does. Don't be so smug. If people want to react, let them react without feeling like that makes them lemmings.

1 hour ago, Vagrant said:

In fact, one of the bigger surprises for me was the fact that we didn't do something addressing the RT position after what it did to us in the Super Bowl. 

What surprised me was Rivera saying Williams was not pushing Remmers for the starting job. I hope that is more of Williams not being there yet than Rivera sticking with his guy.

5 hours ago, Vagrant said:

The starters are pretty secure? Mike Remmers is the definition of serviceable on the right side and Michael Oher, as admirable as he played last year, was on the scrap heap before that. That takes nothing away from what he did last year, but if he returns to a pumpkin our entire line is screwed. I have no idea what the organization continually sees in Foucault but he's on roller skates against most defensive ends. Our interior line is so elite that it does a lot to help our outside guys, but let's not pretend like we don't have a tackle problem. We very much do. 

Yes, the starters are secure. They are looking for depth. 

14 hours ago, Vagrant said:

See, this is the kind of thing that bothers me. Calling it an overreaction if people are upset about allowing a player to leave town without a contract. It's an easy position to take because you'll never be wrong for advocating doing nothing except what the front office actually does. Don't be so smug. If people want to react, let them react without feeling like that makes them lemmings.

I would advise not letting what anyone else on this or any other board says make you "feel" anything about your own opinion. You'll save a lot of stress that way. :)

A lot of times fans want "something" done and react or overreact accordingly. Often times with DG doing nothing is his best move but fans usually are upset "something" wasn't done. It happens on this board year after year. And I think that's what Mr Scot was alluding to. Don't let it bother you brother. :)

57 minutes ago, Moorgan said:

I would advise not letting what anyone else on this or any other board says make you "feel" anything about your own opinion. You'll save a lot of stress that way. :)

A lot of times fans want "something" done and react or overreact accordingly. Often times with DG doing nothing is his best move but fans usually are upset "something" wasn't done. It happens on this board year after year. And I think that's what Mr Scot was alluding to. Don't let it bother you brother. :)

Pretty much.

How many pages of angst were posted over the non-signing of Greg Jennings? And before that, Hakeem Nicks (oy)?

More than once, someone "leaving without a contract" led to wailing and gnashing of teeth as well.

Now I will say that reaction to this has been muted so far, so that's a plus.

If Beatty signs somewhere else though, all bets are off.

15 hours ago, Vagrant said:

Yeah that was really a blistering call out he put forth, just look at this chaos, this thread may hit 9 pages!

Archived