• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Cam has already won

the butch

There has been one inconspicuous side story through all this hoopla:  Cam Newton's silence and back-to-work mentality.  

You see, the masses don't appreciate (perceived) arrogance; rather, it's hard work and deprecation we're after.  Well, today, Friday, 9 September 2016, Cam has turned the tide.  Today, the tv media, journalists, and social media** have taken up the mantel of defending Cam in the wake of the dry quietnesses left by Cam's press conference.  

What will we see going forward?  I imagine that the offsetting penalty rule will be refined, with an emphasis on those instances in which a personal foul is involved.  Perhaps we'll see a greater push for in-game team discipline when multiple players commit multiple personal fouls.

Under Armour's ad continues to bear out the depth of its meaning.

Time to dig a little deeper.

Feel Good Thread.  Back To Regularly Scheduled Nonsense.

**Sure, there are loads of voices out there yelling lockstep with the "Cam's a punk" rationale, but they're the minority.

Cam is not going to let Denver in his head nor any distraction, his sole focus is on winning the Super Bowl this year and we will win. We will get the last laugh, we will have growing pains, and the league better be on notice. 

Cam is a bigger and better man who will stand as one of the greatest to play this game. He has a hunger that only MJ understands. He is our MJ and we will have multiple Super Bowl trophies in the next 10 years. 

NFL office and Refs are on notice. This is our time.

Fug NFL and Refs for their blindness. A prince with a thousand enemies. Cam will conquer. Keep pounding!

5 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

He took a beating last night and we got hosed, but it might be worth it in the long run if it was the catalyst for him getting a fair shake from the refs. 

screw fair its about damn time we get some favoritism.

One thing, we as a collective fan base need to acknowledge; we didn't lose due to poor officiating. We almost lost the starting QB due to poor officiating but that isn't what lost the game. Failure to adjust after halftime cost us this particular game and what happened with Cam is a side story that needs to be addressed. I feel that Cam earned a lot of respect last night due to the nature of the hits he was taking. It's time that the entire team begin their run through the forest behind Cam instead of lolligagging behind. 

One thing, we as a collective fan base need to acknowledge; we didn't lose due to poor officiating. We almost lost the starting QB due to poor officiating but that isn't what lost the game. Failure to adjust after halftime cost us this particular game and what happened with Cam is a side story that needs to be addressed. I feel that Cam earned a lot of respect last night due to the nature of the hits he was taking. It's time that the entire team begin their run through the forest behind Cam instead of lolligagging behind. 

I don't understand how you can say that? Do you honestly believe that none of those blown calls, that negated automatic1st downs + 15 yards would not have led to at least a fg? That they did not impact the outcome of the game? Why do we always have to take the high road and try to look like were accepting responsibility for the loss? Sure we could have played better, but we played well enough to win and the refs did screw us out of the win. How about the league accepting responsibility for the poor officiating that directly affected the standings? We are 0-1, while Denver is 1-0. I say we would have won.

Sent from my XT1575 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

7 minutes ago, Semaj said:

I don't understand how you can say that? Do you honestly believe that none of those blown calls, that negated automatic1st downs + 15 yards would not have led to at least a fg? That they did not impact the outcome of the game? Why do we always have to take the high road and try to look like were accepting responsibility for the loss? Sure we could have played better, but we played well enough to win and the refs did screw us out of the win. How about the league accepting responsibility for the poor officiating that directly affected the standings? We are 0-1, while Denver is 1-0. I say we would have won.

Sent from my XT1575 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

I obviously believe that had the officials made the correct calls, we would've been in a position to win. What lost us the game was a good play call by the Broncos on the screen pass to the week side against a safety blitz and an unlucky play where someone lost their assignment and the FB squirted out of the pile. 

They screw us out of the game as the plays that lost the game were related to scores. None of the missed calls, as we know it, would have directly impacted any scoring opportunities as no one here can glimpse into a parallel universe to tell us. All you have is people claiming we would have won, would have scored, would have had better field position, when in reality they have no idea. You accept the loss and move on. You start blaming the ref's and develop a mentality of being victimized which isn't a great hole to dig in to. 

If you think its going to get easier for Cam then you haven't a clue..

If you think Cam's silence is best for the team in the future then you havent a clue..

Cam made enemies and called out the NFL last season..that sh*t dont go away like that..last night was his card getting pulled..message was sent from the NFL in the form of stripes that he wont ever be the face of the NFL..

I don't know how on earth anyone cant see the greater picture in fouls like that not being called. Over 60 yards not granted, the physical toll it takes, and the effect it had on the momentum and individual drives is worth more than the single point we lost by. But beyond even that is the fact that the same defense was allowed to tee off on Cam without repercussion for the second game in a row and everyone on the field, in the stadium and watching on TV KNEW IT. They knew they could get away with murder and were essentially trying to. That opens up a whole new approach and mindset to the game for them and... well frankly, what do you do/feel as a Panthers offensive player. How do you defend a team that is already supremely talented but is allowed to do whatever they want. Those no calls completely change the tenor and demeanor of both teams and greatly affect play calls and outcomes on the field. Especially when Carolina gets called for bullshit but Denver gets away with murder. How do you fight against the refs and the other team!?

This is about more than the individual plays or situations where those fouls occurred. What if they ARE getting called, does that defense play half as aggressively? Does Von Miller play with the same reckless abandon after he gets tagged with a targeting penalty and is one personal foul away from ejection?? Same goes for Stewart and Marshall. When you are totally bias in one direction and refuse to make significant calls the ripple effect is far greater than the individual play itself.

Archived