• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers may be winning, but fans still acting like losers

@bobbyagnese

15 minutes ago, uncfan888 said:

I got one of the unlimited refill cups and filled it with Gatorade..  Then never got a refill cuz the lines were outrageous. So I won't be buying that thing anymore

Stupid thing is they only 2 stations with 5 fountains per 2 sections. That a lot of people for far to few stations.  But at least the concession stands where quicker.  If you could move.  

My folks are the type to leave early win or lose to try beat traffic and they raised me as a fan. I can only imagine how common that is with more casual fans. Hornets games are the same so I'm not even sure PSLs are to blame anymore. Charlotte's too chill for its own good.

37 minutes ago, The NFL Shield At Midfield said:

gee, i wonder why the panthers fanbase, one born of the corporate era of the NFL and located in a part of the country that had pretty much been conquered by the redskins decades earlier, isn't as loud or passionate as a fanbase like the packers, a team that was around pretty much from the start of the league (and was winning championships before world war II) or the steelers who have six super bowls and a massive national fanbase.

i guess it'll always be a mystery

1 minute ago, Squirrel said:

Stupid thing is they only 2 stations with 5 fountains per 2 sections. That a lot of people for far to few stations.  But at least the concession stands where quicker.  If you could move.  

My gf wanted to go down there during halftime to get something to drink.  What a mistake that was

1 hour ago, thebigcat said:

Where exactly are your PSLs? I nearly had a heat stroke today and my flesh is still simmering. Same thing last year with the Texans season opener. It is brutally hot. The crowd did as best as they could, I could barely move when I got home from the heat cooking me the entire day. Give it a break at ridiculing those who spend their hard earned money to attend faithfully each week. Furthermore the team was basically in victory formation under 2 minutes.

Especially up there in the upper decks, its brutal.

I sat next to a PSLer who said only reason he was there was the fact he couldn't sell his tickets(said he was overpricing it based on what i told him i got my ticket for last night).. So that's still a problem.. but the HEAT was ridiculous today.. and due to the score ppl leave to beat the traffic.  

The Panthers have been winning a lot lately, but if you watched the fans in the stadium, you'd think they had been watching the Browns for the past two seasons. 

Its terrible really. No one stands and makes noise unless the Jumbotron tells them to. 90% of fans are in their seats at all times. And a lot of spectators still don't know to shut up when the Panthers have the ball.

I took this picture today seconds after the clock hit 0:00. With about 5 minutes left in the game, fans began to pour out of the stadium. The stadium was maybe 30% full at the 2 minute warning. Check out the seats below the Jumbotron in the picture attached.

Honestly, I'd like to say there is hope for a culture change, but that might not be for another decade.

IMG_1074.JPG

That scoreboard is friggin nioce..

Sent from my SM-N900P using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

Yeah it was hot as all unholy hell today out there.  I was up in the 500s all the way near the top in row thirty fuging two... hammered drunk with a black jersey on.  Sitting in the clouds close to the sun getting cooked for 4 hours straight.

I stayed until the end and was loud as fug the entire game, but goddamn I couldn't wait to get to our car and was miserable as poo after the game.

Archived