• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Beason tells Newton to stop being childish

Mr. Scot

Mature mature mature mature mature mature.

Over, and over, and over, and over, and over.

6 years in, several division wins, many many records simply obliterated, an MVP award, nearly an undefeated season, and a Super Bowl appearance later, and this is still a leading discussion for a number of fans, even in the midst of a 1-5 record heading into the bye week. This is frankly off the charts levels of pathetic. Fickle people sit around complaining about a press conference while many NFL teams in the league can't even so much as a sniff acquiring an MVP quarterback. Yet we have one, and the best thing we can come up with is "derrrrrrrrrp, Cam isn't mature enough". Is it any wonder this fan base has yet to witness a Lombardi Trophy being hoisted up in the Carolinas? You think you deserve that? Unreal.

1. It doesn't bother me that Cam has pouted or walked out of press conferences. 

2. But I wish he wouldnt. 

The two can co exist. 

I want what's best for Cam. I want him to be his best self. The ability to control one's emotions is of some value. Cam can control his more than most, but he still has room to grow.

But Press conferences are stupid, why does it matter? We all deal with things that are "stupid". What your boss asked you to do last week was stupid, but you sucked it up and did it. I think it would be better for Cam (forget the media) if he'd learn to suck it up too. When Chosen gets older, and something doesn't go his way and he pouts, Cam can sit him down and teach him how to get over it. 

Cam takes losing hard, harder than most. But standing there fielding questions in spite of the pain of losing is a character growing opportunity. 

Maybe I'm wrong.

PS: I'm not one of those that criticize Cam for every little thing. In fact I don't ever remembering critizing him. Don't want to be lumped in with the like of El Dandy 

1 minute ago, TheRed said:

Mature mature mature mature mature mature.

Over, and over, and over, and over, and over.

6 years in, several division wins, many many records simply obliterated, an MVP award, nearly an undefeated season, and a Super Bowl appearance later, and this is still a leading discussion for a number of fans, even in the midst of a 1-5 record heading into the bye week. This is frankly off the charts levels of pathetic. Fickle people sit around complaining about a press conference while many NFL teams in the league can't even so much as a sniff acquiring an MVP quarterback. Yet we have one, and the best thing we can come up with is "derrrrrrrrrp, Cam isn't mature enough". Is it any wonder this fan base has yet to witness a Lombardi Trophy being hoisted up in the Carolinas? You think you deserve that? Unreal.

Instead of witnessing greatness, people would rather complain about petty sh*t regarding Cam. Same thing with LeBron. Enjoy greatness while it's here and be thankful you get to witness one of the most unique, dominant QB to ever play the game.

17 minutes ago, Khyber53 said:

Anyone can speak to the media well when things are going great. Character is what shows when things are going lousy. It looked like after the wreck he had, Cam had become more mature and had found this well of character to draw upon.

Ever since the Superb Owl press conference, though, there have been so many apologies and excuses made on his behalf that it really appears he has regressed on this level at least.

I could be wrong, but you had a problem with Cam's celebrations. You also have a problem with the way he dresses, if he's not completely accurate on his throws, as I know I've seen you mention him throwing high this year. You've got a problem with how he conducts his press conference. You're a guy Cam will never be able to impress, and there's a lot of guys like you not only outside of the fanbase, but in it. He'll never be able to please you or them. Honestly, I hope he's not trying to.

10 minutes ago, FootballLivesMatter said:

It's the truth. You're the franchise. You're the MVP. 

Wear a damn tshirt and and answer the questions. But, you go and wear something like you're going to the Kentucky Derby and then walks out. 

There are men and boys. Be a man. Quit being a boy. Save that for Odell.

You want him to wear a T shirt but you want him to be a professional and sound like the average qb..ok u want the sound but not the look ..I like the styling and profiling ..look man he is different how many times does he have to tell you complainers that..get over it dont watch the press conferences its that simple...he is not a man damn sure does look like one talk like one carries himself like one..he is not disrespectful, big help to kids. Run men over talks smack like one..ask a DB if Cam is a man

Those that have been around this community for years know full well where much of this illogical ire is really based. Let's not kid ourselves. It's the same mindset that a number of posters, and even long time contributors here have operated under by staying dormant through countless victories, and good times, yet only showing up to sheepishly drone on with remarks like "I told you so" regarding Newton if he makes so much as one mistake. There are still people here that merely tolerate Cam. It doesn't really help in changing matters that Jeremy kind of flip flops between halfway encouraging this tomfoolery about press conferences, and then turning around, and defending Cam for something else like some random Mom in Tennessee being irate about an unapologetically black athlete having the nerve to dance at a sporting event.

Either you accept him or you don't. We're going on 7 years with Newton at the helm. It's time for these fans to poo, or get off the pot once, and for all.

If you hate Cam, there will always be something for you to use for ammo. 6 years in, and we are still seeing it.

If you hate Cam, you are doing so of your own accord. Because Cam has never done anything to deserve the hate he got/still gets. Besides being his own man. Boy look how that worked out for him.

Archived