• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Deion Sanders "Cam Only Complaining About Hits Because Hes Losing"

chknwing

9 hours ago, L-TownCat said:

Didn't a poster already do that statistical analysis about the roughing calls and cam had the fewest?  I'm sure I remember that.  He only had what? 2 all of last year?

Since December 2014, two roughing calls have been called on defenders against Cam Newton.

And one was offset due to holding on the offense (the Denver game) and the other was "picked up" (New Orleans).

So your guess of 2 is a huge overguess.

1 hour ago, AceBoogie said:

Deion gets mad at any player that spurns him or doesn't suck him off.

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

Totally agree.  Deion is such a pr-ick.  He wants to be treated like royalty and it makes me vomit to watch the players all fawn over him "prime... oh prime... prime.."  GTFOH.

I use to think Irvin was annoying but I actually have grown to like him, but Deion is just a d-bag.  You can tell Marshall Faulk can stand him either.  Marshall is good people.

33 minutes ago, Steve_Smith_Sr. said:

Totally agree.  Deion is such a pr-ick.  He wants to be treated like royalty and it makes me vomit to watch the players all fawn over him "prime... oh prime... prime.."  GTFOH.

I use to think Irvin was annoying but I actually have grown to like him, but Deion is just a d-bag.  You can tell Marshall Faulk can stand him either.  Marshall is good people.

It's times when you can feel the tension between he and Marshall. Marshall shut him down too about Cam after the Super Bowl. 

3 minutes ago, SmokinwithWilly said:

Deion must still be feeling the effects of that hit from Sam Mills when he got knocked the fug out. Just more proof the NFL needs to watch out for head injuries to players.

He was still drooling on himself the next day when they were trying to get him on a plane back to TX.....  

9 hours ago, CRA said:

There is a big difference between 2011-2013 and 2014- present day in terms of calls.

which logically makes sense.  The refs treated him like a QB and then once he had been around and they realized he was Shaq and then gave him the Shaq treatment.   People weren't allowed to hack-a-Shaq Shaq when he entered the league either....it wasn't until he proved to be beast.  Same applies to Cam.  Refs has to experience Cam for awhile in order to become biased in how they called it and the shift is pretty clear when they began allowing teams to tee off on him

But talking heads on TV just want ratings...

Exactly this.  His first few years he did get protected like he should.  The NFL is cherry picking years with the stats they so quickly threw out there to spin their story. I theorized earlier the change happened because the Panthers became a threat to become dominant, but hadn't thought about the Hochuli incident.  That's as good a theory as any as to why they have refused to protect him the past couple years. 

5 hours ago, Steve_Smith_Sr. said:

Michael Irvin is my favorite TV personality of all time.  I don't always agree with him, but he is the most entertaining guy out there, and I've never found him to be fake at all like Deion. 

5 minutes ago, JawnyBlaze said:

Exactly this.  His first few years he did get protected like he should.  The NFL is cherry picking years with the stats they so quickly grew out there to spin their story. I theorized earlier the change happened because the Panthers became a threat to become dominant, but hadn't thought about the Hochuli incident.  That's as good a theory as any as to why they have refused to protect him the past couple years. 

The Panthers got better and trip to the playoffs become more frequent so the NFL made it harder. Cam made it worse speaking on Ed publicly, but at this point why not bring light to it. Cam knows when he speaks its going to hit social media and the news immediately which it did.

14 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Early in his career, Cam DID get calls. A lot of them. Them, something happened. He didn't get a single call all year long last year. Has he gotten one this year? I've seen plenty of flags picked up and a couple offset, but have we actually benefited from one yet?

Anyway, my point is, Cam called out Ed Hochuli for that "you're too young to get that call" comment in Week 3 of last year. Right around the time the spigot turned off. It's not a coincidence.

I was thinking this too. In 2011 and 2012 I remember him "flopping" if you will and getting a good bit of the calls. That was while ESPN was painting him as a thug for wearing a towel though, so maybe the change in his skill and public perception has something to do with this

Carson complained, Norman complained, Bruce did also iirc, but I guess they are all crazy. If one slab of meat is getting multiple people sick, I guess it is just the four people, not the meat....

And Mike Pereira reminds me of those police officers whom see there fellows murder citizens and say “I need to see more evidence.” Former official whom conveniently brought up other black qbs while making his case today against your guy.

Cam has a point though

http://www.nflpenalties.com/penalty/roughing-the-passer?year=2016&view=team_per_game

5 hours ago, Anybodyhome said:

Deion Sanders should be banned from any conversation that bears any relevance to:

Tackling anyone, hitting someone, slowing down someone or otherwise get in the way to at least let someone else make a tackle.

Guy would go out of his way to avoid hitting someone.

Deion tried to tackle Bo Jackson once.

He never ever tried to tackle anybody after that.

Archived