• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Eww. For those that hate on our Tackles it could be much, much worse

Ricky Spanish

15 minutes ago, Cracka McNasty said:

I know there are a few posters on here that really wanted him (I won't name names unless they show up), but my jeebus. That's worse than Byron Bell bad right there. 

There were a few on here just 2-3 weeks ago talking how much better he was than Remmers and used him as a example to draft a OT

14 minutes ago, E CaT PanTHer 2 said:

the whole vikings offensive line is absolutely dreadful. 

not sure what happened. looks like bridgewater and peterson were masking the obvious holes in that line. 

It was godawful with Teddy too. They also made some changes that have worked out very poorly and had a few injuries this year. They also have a similar problem we sometimes do which is Norv, like Shula, runs an Air Cordell offense with long developing routes so it really stands out if the OL can't pass block.

Didn't watch the game but I would still have drafted Clemmings. Our OTs are better because we have the best interior OL and Stewart's ability to wear down the defenses. They miss Peterson really bad in the power run game and pass blocking.

Also they have only 2 real weapons Rudolph & Diggs if you cover those 2 guys offense is pretty much dead.

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

26 minutes ago, The_Rainmaker said:

Didn't watch the game but I would still have drafted Clemmings. Our OTs are better because we have the best interior OL and Stewart's ability to wear down the defenses. They miss Peterson really bad in the power run game and pass blocking.

Also they have only 2 real weapons Rudolph & Diggs if you cover those 2 guys offense is pretty much dead.

Kind of like how we only had Olsen as a weapon last year?

Clemmings has just been hot garbage since he entered the league. There's still room for improvement, but at this point saying you'd still take him over either of our guys just means you don't want to admit that you were wrong.

9 minutes ago, Cracka McNasty said:

Kind of like how we only had Olsen as a weapon last year?

Clemmings has just been hot garbage since he entered the league. There's still room for improvement, but at this point saying you'd still take him over either of our guys just means you don't want to admit that you were wrong.

I'll take him over Remmers, but not DW. We also had mobile QB called Cam & Pro Bowl RB named J-Stew and better interior OL.  Just look at the game we had J-Stew & how much sacks we given up vs the one he is out.

Screen Shot 2016-11-02 at 7.39.47 AM.png

Screen Shot 2016-11-02 at 7.40.41 AM.png

Tackle is one of the toughest positions to play at all, much less well. It's an endurance test heavy on technique requiring size, strength and agility. 64 starting tackles in the league to start each season and probably only about 20 of them are reliable.

The worst part of being a tackle is the scrutiny. While you are the main obstacle most defenses have to overcome, you are always under the close watch of your home fans who will almost never praise you, but blame you for every missed block or sack of a beloved QB. You're out there for every offensive snap while the DE/LB opposing you gets rotated out regularly to stay fresh. Based on down and distance, that guy is hand picked to knock on your weakest points.

On passing plays, you might face a whirling Tasmanian devil or a mad bull, or have someone try to swim through you or a combination of those things. You might have to choose between stopping a 300 lb. freak of nature DE or the speedy rapier-quick but deadly safety sneaking up to blitz. You're not supposed to grab one, but you're going to. And there's no telling on how many times you get called for holding, you actually saved the team more than 10 yards, and maybe your QB's career.

On running plays, you get to try and impose your will. You get to deliver some payback on one of these defenders. You're going to make sure they take a shot to the ribs, and take them to the ground if you can. And then you're going to lay on them for a minute while you rest and they try to breathe. 

But hey, that's what they pay the big bucks for, right? 

We're pretty lucky to have who we have right now. A lot of folks said Oher was garbage when we picked him up. He wasn't by a long shot. And Remmers has taken way more than his fair share of abuse from the fan base. It'll be good to see them both back on the field before long and in their correct positions. 

They got us to the big dance last year, somehow. They might be able to do it again.

1 hour ago, The_Rainmaker said:

Just realized you thought the grade was for one game. It's not, that's over the course of the WHOLE SEASON.

He is playing historically bad and you would still replace our mediocre guy with him?

giphy.gif

6 minutes ago, Cracka McNasty said:

Just realized you thought the grade was for one game. It's not, that's over the course of the WHOLE SEASON.

He is playing historically bad and you would still replace our mediocre guy with him?

giphy.gif

He was as bad last year as well.

Its like the ones who cryed we didnt get Morgan Moses, then Ealy goes off to toast him along with the many others in the league you hear crickets.  Just like the crickets this week, I remember people on here having a raging boner for DJ Humphries.  Dude got worked this week and has been terrible in Arizona

1 hour ago, Jeremy Igo said:

I remember telling you all that he was not even on the Panthers draft board and was blasted because of it. 

You know if he was taken off for medical reasons or because he sucked? He had some shoulder or knee issue come up a few weeks before the draft that caused him to drop to the 4th.

2 minutes ago, Bartin said:

You know if he was taken off for medical reasons or because he sucked? He had some shoulder or knee issue come up a few weeks before the draft that caused him to drop to the 4th.

That wasnt why he dropped.  He started to fall like a rock about times started to dig deep into film and have workouts with with.  Kid was a solid athlete for his position but was beyond raw.  Most said no way he could play LT possible RT and his stock shot from potential 1st rounder to 4th rounder at best

Archived