• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Very possible that we win out

Crazydounut

I know that a lot of people on the forum will not agree with me when I say this but I do believe that Carolina has a good chance to win out the regular season. Think about this for a moment, if Gano kicks well and Cam doesn't get hurt we are 5-2 and are looking down on our division and most of the NFC. Even with us playing like dogsh*t in pretty much all the first 6 games, we still could've easily gone 4-2 in the first 6. The harder part of our schedule is actually turning out pretty easier than I thought it would be. We are favored to win most if not all the games left on our schedule currently. The toughest games are Kansas City. Than Oakland and Seattle back to back. Seattle is overrated and almost everyone knows that. Oakland is good but has gotten lucky in a few of their wins. Kansas City is at home and they might not have Smith for that game. For the division games Atlanta and New Orleans we have at home. Tampa Bay is not that good at all. We seemed to have our solution for playcalling and excution. I am not saying we win the division but for sure 11-5 will get us a WC at the least. With us on a roll, we could make a deep run into the postseason. One game at a time, we will see if I am just an overoptimistic fan or if my crazy talk comes to fruition.

Thoughts?

3 minutes ago, E CaT PanTHer 2 said:

i doubt we win out ... rivera and company are always good for a stinker against a sub par opponent ...

I can see 9-7 and possibly sneaking into the playoffs. 

the wild cards right now are the packers and giants at 4-3. that would mean they would need to go 5-4 or worse in the next 9 whereas the Panthers would need to go 7-2. I can see that happening, with a little help and a little luck. 

Big problem for us is that we have already lost 4 conference games and conference record is the first wild card tiebreaker since we don't play either of those teams head-to-head. Already behind the 8 ball there.

An Atlanta collapse is likely our best shot at the playoffs, but we've already lost head-to-head to them once and have dropped 3 division games so we are behind the 8 ball with regards to the tiebreakers there too.

1 minute ago, top dawg said:

I think it's possible (without the "very"). But, yes, it is within the realm of possibility if we play like we did against the Cardinals.

We'd have to play at that level for 10 straight games though if you are already including the Arizona game. We aren't good enough to overcome a down game, which everyone has over the course of 10 games, against most of our remaining schedule like we could last year.

I like the confidence. Personally, I think if we play as good and inspired as we did against the Cardinals we will go 10-6. I think we drop one of @Raiders @Seahawks because that is a rough 2 game stretch. 10-6 is probably enough to win the division honestly, do you see Atlanta doing better than 5-2 against other teams besides us the rest of the way?

5 minutes ago, Omega Atrocity said:

I like the confidence. Personally, I think if we play as good and inspired as we did against the Cardinals we will go 10-6. I think we drop one of @Raiders @Seahawks because that is a rough 2 game stretch. 10-6 is probably enough to win the division honestly, do you see Atlanta doing better than 5-2 against other teams besides us the rest of the way?

Atlanta drops one to KC or ARI, Drops one to PHI, Drops one to us. That would make us division champs again. I likely see them going 9-7 or 10-6. We can win the division with a 10-6 record. We will see

Archived