• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Is it even possible for Dave to fire Rivera?

Snake

7 minutes ago, gorillamilitia13 said:

I've been back and forth on weather we should keep Ron or not through this whole season but last nights pussy punt on 4th and 1 was the last straw. Even through our winning seasons his flaws have been called out as a coach, Cam won him a couple coach of the years. That being said I highly doubt he gets the can after this season but if Rivera likes his job as the Panthers head coach then he should get rid of Shula after this season. 

we were at our own 40 yard line. In what way did that punt affect our chances of winning this game?

We pinned them on their own 12 and tre boston, a veteran DB, broke the cardinal rule of playing Safety and let the opposition get past him and get past him in the final few minutes of the game.

Even then, we had a borderline ideal scenario playing out for us with the clock and timeouts remaining and it all fell apart because this team has assembled the worst collection of offensive tackles the game had ever known.

The coaches did their jobs. The players didn't. And I'll go ahead and point out those players have been here for multiple years now, and as I've been known to say-when a player is bad one year its his fault. When he's still around being bad a second year for your team-its no longer his fault-the blame lies in those who elected to keep him there.

12 hours ago, Daddy_Uncle said:

You guys have a lot of wishful thinking going on. There's 0% chance Rivera gets fired. Rivera will (hopefully) fire some guys from the staff and bring some new enthusiasm in and change things up.

Totally agree. 

Has a Head coach ever been fired after going to the Super Bowl the previous year? Any guy fired after being Coach of the year 2 X in  four seasons ? I didn't look it up but I highly doubt it, nor do I think he should be fired.

There are a lot of things Rivera needs to improve on for sure. Even his face pisses me off sometimes too. 

Getting some new staff and a fresh approach may do some wonders. He easily gets at least next year to see which way we trend. He's earned that without question in my opinion. 

3 minutes ago, arbnranger said:

Totally agree. 

Has a Head coach ever been fired after going to the Super Bowl the previous year? Any guy fired after being Coach of the year 2 X in  four seasons ? I didn't look it up but I highly doubt it. 

Here's a good one to look up.  Last team that went to a superbowl and collapsed the next year missing the playoffs.   

Just now, Mvp2014 said:

Here's a good one to look up.  Last team that went to a superbowl and collapsed the next year missing the playoffs.   

I've seen a few stats, and at this point, I would imagine we are close to the bottom of the list as far as the teams record. Sure

Still, in my opinion, the man has earned at the very least another season.  No question. 

Rivera needs to be fired he's been the same coach win or lose season after season he hasn't adapted to anything I'm tired of seeing his dumb retarded look on tv

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

You mean the look he's giving in my avatar? The "holy poo what am I doing here" stare?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

6 minutes ago, arbnranger said:

I've seen a few stats, and at this point, I would imagine we are close to the bottom of the list as far as the teams record. Sure

Still, in my opinion, the man has earned at the very least another season.  No question. 

The last team was the 2004 Panthers.  This poo starts at the top.  I think everyone(coaches andplayers) got soft after a good year and superbowl appearance.  A good coach knows better.  I know cheap ass Panthers wont fire Ron but he deserves it.  

7 minutes ago, Mvp2014 said:

I think everyone(coaches andplayers) got soft after a good year and superbowl appearance. 

100% Agree with this. 

I noticed it during the preseason and it never went away. 

So many times, it happens too fast, you trade your passion for glory. Don't lose the grip on the dreams of the past you must fight just to keep them alive. 

Its the eye of the tiger. Ha

1 hour ago, Growl said:

we were at our own 40 yard line. In what way did that punt affect our chances of winning this game?

We pinned them on their own 12 and tre boston, a veteran DB, broke the cardinal rule of playing Safety and let the opposition get past him and get past him in the final few minutes of the game.

Even then, we had a borderline ideal scenario playing out for us with the clock and timeouts remaining and it all fell apart because this team has assembled the worst collection of offensive tackles the game had ever known.

The coaches did their jobs. The players didn't. And I'll go ahead and point out those players have been here for multiple years now, and as I've been known to say-when a player is bad one year its his fault. When he's still around being bad a second year for your team-its no longer his fault-the blame lies in those who elected to keep him there.

No, no, no. Rivera should know that we have liabilities all in our secondary and that we have the worst 4th quarter defense and that the raiders have the best 4th quarter offense. I get it Rivera's a guy that wants to have faith in his players but come on you're 4-6, your offense has been clicking for  the most part, and you're playing at a teams home that's 8-2. Add to the fact that your qb is a 6'5 250 lb monster that is rarely stopped in those situations it makes that call seem really idiotic. Don't get me wrong I do believe the players are to blame as well but you can't say the coaches did everything perfectly and shouldn't be blamed at all. Maybe Shula gets some slack because of our weak o line, but then why make most of your play calls long routes that take a while to develop when you know what you have in your o line? Why punt the ball on 4th and 1 when you know what you have on your defense? Their inability to adjust to their personnel is why they should get the can. 

Archived