• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Late round guys

ncfan

From Zay's Wikipedia article " Jones is the all-time NCAA Division 1 career receptions leader with 399 as well as the all-time NCAA Division 1 single season receptions leader with 158. " I think he's still somehow a mid-round prospect. Would be nice if the Panthers pick him up. IDK if WR is a position the staff is too concerned about right now.

I hate to compare to players from the same school, but Zay Jones is a lot like Justin Hardy, only taller. If he played at a bigger school, he would be a fringe 1st round talent at WR, IMO.

Love Jones' toughness and ability to pull down the ball in traffic, as well as his production. Dude would be a great compliment in the slot for us and move the chains a la Ricky Proehl.  Only problem I see is that he should probably go late 2nd and be gone by the 3rd round. I don't personally want to use a pick that early on a WR that is still a little raw. 

Maybe if we hit ridiculous valued homeruns with our first 3 picks, then maybe our comp pick in the 3rd, but I doubt Jones will be there. 

3 hours ago, Soul Rebel said:

I hate to compare to players from the same school, but Zay Jones is a lot like Justin Hardy, only taller. If he played at a bigger school, he would be a fringe 1st round talent at WR, IMO.

Love Jones' toughness and ability to pull down the ball in traffic, as well as his production. Dude would be a great compliment in the slot for us and move the chains a la Ricky Proehl.  Only problem I see is that he should probably go late 2nd and be gone by the 3rd round. I don't personally want to use a pick that early on a WR that is still a little raw. 

Maybe if we hit ridiculous valued homeruns with our first 3 picks, then maybe our comp pick in the 3rd, but I doubt Jones will be there. 

Well Hardy dropped to the 4th/5th round.  But Jones was a finalist for the best receiver in college award.  So you never know 

• 1 month later...
21 hours ago, SOJA said:

I'm truly not trying to hate on him, but hasn't Justin Hardy been a disappointment for Atlanta? This has nothing to do with Zay obviously, just curious

He's in a good/bad situation. It's good because he gets the time to develop behind the scenes. On the other hand its bad because Julio and sanu are options 1/2 and Sanu is already getting 70 less targets than Julio, so he's competing with that.

Then the falcons stumbling upon a speed guy in Gabriel didn't help either, because Hardy isn't bringing anything different to the table for them that they aren't already getting from the bigger Sanu(except better hands from hardy).

He's the 4th wr on the depth chart but actually a receiving option behind Coleman and Freeman which puts him down to 6th at best as a receiving option. But Falcons fans do believe that he has the best hands on the team which is something that'll keep him around. IMO he'll move teams down the road and be a solid to good 3rd down receiving option but he wont be the star people tried to make him out to be on the huddle before the draft.

Archived