• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Offseason: Draft, FA, and What Gettleman Should Do

Saca312

30 minutes ago, stbugs said:

I don't want to release Remmers. Could you imagine this year if we didn't have him? I don't want him to start but please tell me how many other tackles have started both at RT and LT for 42 games getting paid $2M. He's very good depth in that he could step in at both tackle spots and center. I know he's not the best, but he's had a lot of good games (like JJ Watt) and honestly if we weren't putting him on an island with Miller, Irvin and Ware, etc. and hoping he can hold them for 4+ second, he wouldn't be a pariah. We need an upgrade, but that also includes our play calling as well.

Let's just say Remmers is nowhere on the Tolbert level where he wouldn't be a good backup. I am hoping Williams continues to grow and we upgrade LT, but I'd take Remmers any day of the week as a backup OL.

Yeah I don't get the people on here that constantly hate on Remmers. I mean the guy has a crazy cheap deal for an average/below average tackle that can fill in most spots on the line. It's always nice to have guys like that on the team. Let us not forget the days of the Bell/Chandler starting combo. 

Maybe bringing in M. Kalil would persuade R. Kalil to extend his career a little longer than he otherwise would have?

I'd cream by britches something mighty if we landed Berry but it will never happen. He is worth every penny that he will get and then some.

Shula gets the boot. Tolbert and Dickson get the boot. Charles only comes back on the cheap if there are no other vet DEs to sign. Retain Star. KK stays with reasonable contract or walks.

Bring in someone that runs a pro-style offense w a FB and play action rollouts/bootlegs. Cam would be dirty.

Bring in a full back, safety, blocking TE and Tackle by any means necessary. Sign FA vet DE and LB (Tulloch?). Draft DE and RB.

7 minutes ago, imminent rogaine said:

Maybe bringing in M. Kalil would persuade R. Kalil to extend his career a little longer than he otherwise would have?

I'd cream by britches something mighty if we landed Berry but it will never happen. He is worth every penny that he will get and then some.

Shula gets the boot. Tolbert and Dickson get the boot. Charles only comes back on the cheap if there are no other vet DEs to sign. Retain Star. KK stays with reasonable contract or walks.

Bring in someone that runs a pro-style offense w a FB and play action rollouts/bootlegs. Cam would be dirty.

Bring in a full back, safety, blocking TE and Tackle by any means necessary. Sign FA vet DE and LB (Tulloch?). Draft DE and RB.

Matt Kalil is fine in the Remmers role.  But he simply can't be counted on with his play and injuries since his rookie year to plug and play at LT, thinking all would be well.

2 minutes ago, SOJA said:

I'm not worried about the financial aspect to signing him. I just think he will be loyal to the Chiefs 

Maybe, but that's definitely not what he showed in sitting out the offseason.  He can clearly make more elsewhere.  Hopefully here.

4 minutes ago, Cpt slay a ho said:

Remmers sucks y'all are crazy, waking drive killer, it's one thing to get beat but to get beat and accumulate 2-3 penalties in the process is unforgivable. If you need to keep him for depth fine but we should seek a upgrade if possible

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

I don't think anyone is saying that Remmers should start. However being that he can play every position on the line, he has value as a utility backup.

Pretty sure Gettleman won't do most of that.

Gettleman won't go after an elite safety. So no Berry. 

He'll go after a stop gap at LT, and probably spend a bit on a pass rusher. Other than that, it'll be role players at value contracts. 

Nothing wrong with that either. 

People need to stop pretending we can have all pros at every position.

4 hours ago, stbugs said:

Also, while I like Leggett, I don't want to use pick 37-40 on him. That is way too high. I posted it elsewhere, but TE is a deep position this year. There are going to be a few good TEs available at our 3rd round pick. Too many better players/positions at round 2 to go Leggett there. Unless it is OJ Howard, I don't want a TE in the 2nd.

We aren't just looking for a 2nd TE , but also an Olsen's replacement.  Butt/ Leggett both warrants a 1-2nd round pick .  DE can be found mid rounds 

Solid post. However I don't see Berry leaving KC- they would be crazy to let him go. KC was loyal to Berry when he had cancer and now that he's healthy I see him staying there. Not a fan of signing Matt Kalil unless it's for depth or to compete for RT. If we can trade down and get some extra picks I'd like to trade for Staley/Thomas. We need to stop going cheap at tackle. I don't see any point in continuing to risk Cam's health by going with a prospect that may or may not work out. I do however like all the prospects you listed. I personally am getting turned off from Fournette just because he keeps getting compared to AP. Have these people ever seen APs college footage? It's insane- he's a HOF back and I'm not surprised by anything he's done in the NFL. I don't see AP when I see Fournette's tape. I'd rather have Foreman. Texas has a great pedigree when it comes to RB and he just ran for 2200 yards on a losing team. If we don't get Garrett I would like to get Barnett because he is good against both the run and the pass; he's also been consistently good since his freshman year. He needs just one sack in the Vols bowl game this year to set the alltime record- he's tied with Reggie White w/ 32. 

Archived