• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Am I the only one who thinks an 8-8 finish should cost Rivera his job?

KillaCamNewton

3 minutes ago, tiger7_88 said:

Nope, not me.

I think you hit the nail on the head. Its becoming more obvious that our offensive problems are partly to blame on Rivera himself. Most people blame that conservative times on Shula, when its on Ron. He loves his defense and would prefer to win with his defense first. He needs to hire somebody who can run the offense the way they want to

2 hours ago, bigdog10 said:

Kind of like going from MVP to completing less than 50% of your passes the last couple weeks

or, being the first team ever to win 15 games in one year only to follow it up with anything less than 11 the next. 

We are already the laughing stock of the league this year. 

So who would you replace RR with?  Rex Ryan??? Some coordinator who has never been a NFL head coach???  This team is one or two players from making another Super Bowl run next year and you don't blow that up and start over.   Folks that are advocating for RR to lose his job are crazy.  

2 minutes ago, jtm said:

So who would you replace RR with?  Rex Ryan??? Some coordinator who has never been a NFL head coach???  This team is one or two players from making another Super Bowl run next year and you don't blow that up and start over.   Folks that are advocating for RR to lose his job are crazy.  

I'd take Josh McDaniels 

25 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

There are three potential head coaches I know of who have a prior connection to Dave Gettleman.

Frank Reich - they were together in Buffalo; Reich also has a connection to the Panthers as our first QB

Kyle Shanahan - connected via Shanahan's dad Mike, who was with Gettleman in Denver; arguably the hottest of the hot candidates right now

Anthony Lynn - was a player in Denver when Gettleman worked as a scout; getting a lot of attention for offensive improvement in New York

I'd take Kyle, he's #2 on my list behind Josh McDaniels 

59 minutes ago, Darvinsun said:

I do not think this team will win a SB under Ron .he needs too much talent to do so...Our core is getting old and slowing down. We need some fresh ideas. Keep Mc dermortt but Ron and Shula  can go... i want someone who is balanced..Makes sound decisions in game.not make you say wtf. Who that is I have not watched any other teams to know..Challenge Cam and get him a new qb coach and coordinator re invent the game again.

5 minutes ago, AceBoogie said:

I'd take Kyle, he's #2 on my list behind Josh McDaniels 

We've already seen McDaniels as a head coach, and Belichick assistants pretty much never thrive on their own.

My worry with Shanahan is he'd run a WCO which likely means more hits on Newton.

Reich is my first choice, though I'm growing very intrigued by Anthony Lynn. He's getting a lot of praise for his play design, and that's a huge flaw in our offense right now.

35 minutes ago, tiger7_88 said:

Frank Reich.

Haven't looked too much into him yet. 

34 minutes ago, Craig Pruitt said:

There's only 1 head coach currently in the NFL who fix everything wrong in Carolina. His record is almost the same every year, making him one of the most "consistent" coaches currently in the league. You want a name? I'll give you one.....

JEFF FISHER!

(Ducks as stones are thrown my way!!)

The Huddle reaction to that would almost be worth seeing it happen. 

21 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

There are three potential head coaches I know of who have a prior connection to Dave Gettleman.

Frank Reich - they were together in Buffalo; Reich also has a connection to the Panthers as our first QB

Kyle Shanahan - connected via Shanahan's dad Mike, who was with Gettleman in Denver; arguably the hottest of the hot candidates right now

Anthony Lynn - was a player in Denver when Gettleman worked as a scout; getting a lot of attention for offensive improvement in New York

I have a nagging feeling Kyle will be a disaster wherever he goes. Don't know why.

2 minutes ago, outlaw4 said:

I have a nagging feeling Kyle will be a disaster wherever he goes. Don't know why.

Because his dad was when he didn't have Elway?

Kyle Shanahan  might actually turn out to be a good head coach, but I'm not that thrilled with Newton in the kind of system he'd want to run.

Frank Reich and Anthony Lynn are the guys that interest me most right now.

1 hour ago, Darvinsun said:

Sometimes in order to win the chip you remove the hump and get someone to lite a fire under the team bc of complacency .  Tampa Bay ..i loved tampa bay but when they let go dungy I was mad the next year they won the SB..Dungy was a great coach but he had done all he could do. Sometimes thats just how it is some coaches can assemble a great time but not coach them to win the big game..Dungy and Phil Jackson. of course dungy did win a SB but the team was already assembled as well.

Point taken! But I still say it's no coincidence that the Steelers have more rings and are in contention for more most seasons. But, theoretically, you may be right depending upon the circumstances. I don't know that there is an absolute right or wrong answer, just a different way of going about achieving a championship---a difference in philosophy.

12 minutes ago, top dawg said:

Point taken! But I still say it's no coincidence that the Steelers have more rings and are in contention for more most seasons. But, theoretically, you may be right depending upon the circumstances. I don't know that there is an absolute right or wrong answer, just a different way of going about achieving a championship---a difference in philosophy.

That comes from great ownership who backs who they choose in a GM, plus the good franchises are the ones that began when football began...I do not knock having a great defense cause 9 times out of ten it is what whens superbowls..I just feel that Rivera lacks confidence in Cam(  this is where Cam should have input on what play he feels comfortable with) or shula when the offense is the one that needs to make a stance...Those franchises you mention trust there QBs will get it done even though most of them are defensive minded coaches...harbaugh, tomlin, greenbay use to be, giants used to be, seatle, 49ers,chicago but they have fell from grace..new england is balanced.

Archived