• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Olsen is 93 yards from having his 3rd straight 1000 yard season

Darth Biscuit

They talked about it briefly yesterday on the broadcast, but I haven't heard much about it otherwise.

In a crappy season, something to cheer for.

Coincidentally he's currently #14 on the receiving yards chart for the entire NFL, and the 2nd leading receiving TE behind Kansas City's Kelce by only 9 yards...

14 Greg Olsen CAR TE 65 907 14.0 69.8 78T 3 12 1 47 72.3 0

Also I think Boo is going to post some pics of his butt shortly, so yay for the lady fans.

Greg make the HoF when he retires?

so awesome. another 3000 yards or so and he'll pass shannon sharpe to become the 5th tight end in history to break 10,000 yards. it's not particularly hard to imagine him passing antonio gates and jason witten after that, assuming they'll retire well before him.

topping tony gonzalez is a bit of a stretch but if he keeps pace it's no stretch to say he could take the second highest receiving yards of all time for a tight end... and that's a hall of fame finish.

41 minutes ago, Hammerin'Cameron1 said:

No TE has ever had 3, 1,000 yard seasons in a row and Greg probably will

If he has another 1,000 yards next year then it would be hard pressed to not see him in HoF

With Gronk out, I'd say he's almost a lock for the 1st team All-Pro honor.

Even in a down season we are improving our stature for this. I was shocked on MNF to hear Al Michaels talking about how Thomas Davis might have a Hall of Fame career. Announcers, especially ones like Michaels, don't throw that around lightly. We might genuinely have four or five Hall of Famers on our roster right now (at the very least, Olsen, Kuechly, and Davis).

3 hours ago, TN05 said:

With Gronk out, I'd say he's almost a lock for the 1st team All-Pro honor.

Even in a down season we are improving our stature for this. I was shocked on MNF to hear Al Michaels talking about how Thomas Davis might have a Hall of Fame career. Announcers, especially ones like Michaels, don't throw that around lightly. We might genuinely have four or five Hall of Famers on our roster right now (at the very least, Olsen, Kuechly, and Davis).

That was cool, but it would completely shock me if Thomas Davis makes the hall of fame. 

5 hours ago, PhillyB said:

so awesome. another 3000 yards or so and he'll pass shannon sharpe to become the 5th tight end in history to break 10,000 yards. it's not particularly hard to imagine him passing antonio gates and jason witten after that, assuming they'll retire well before him.

topping tony gonzalez is a bit of a stretch but if he keeps pace it's no stretch to say he could take the second highest receiving yards of all time for a tight end... and that's a hall of fame finish.

would've gotten there quicker if he didn't get drafted to shitty chicago too

36 minutes ago, SOJA said:

Greatest. Trade. Ever. 

Somewhere out there Jerry Angelo is currently sitting in a dark room under the lamp with his hands behind his back facing the wall and just not quite sure how to get over that trade he made. 

Archived