• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Leah Remini: Scientology and the Aftermath

Datawire

This show airs on A&E Tues @ 10pm est. Episode three was last night, you can watch these on their website as well I believe without login credentials.

Here is the Link. I don't keep flash player installed so I can't legit test whether they can be watched online.

The former Kings of Queens star was blacklisted after walking away from Scientology in 2013, criticizing officials’ treatment of their followers. Since then the 46-year-old has gone public with her disdain for the religion and is to reveal details about the church and former members of the religion in her series Scientology and the Aftermath.

Episode three aired last night and I find this series absolutely fascinating. Much respect to this Woman for standing up for what is right. It takes guts to come forward to expose something she has been indoctrinated into from childhood. To bring this into the pubic eye in this fashion has to be extremely risky.

Apparently the "Church" is now trying to get the series pulled off the air. Way to legitimize it guys!

It was pretty interesting. I watched the one about the guy who was in charge of going after critics of Scientology. Having that guy turn on the organization must be a nightmare for them.

The story I've heard is that at a Sci-Fi convention back in the 1940s, Hubbard and a bunch of other writers were discussing how easy or difficult it would be to start a new religion. Hubbard said, alright, I'll prove it can be done, and he did.

Honestly, it was a pretty good career move for him, because his work as a science fiction writer is pretty bad. Prolific, but bad. Jeff Fisher coaching kind of thing. Of course now with the Scientology church buying up his books as fast as they can be printed, his "immortality" is guaranteed, at least for as long as they can keep paying for them.

I like what Gilbert Gottfried said about his run in with them, "First they send you to be tested, then its all these classes, then when they really need the money, they promise if you'll write that big check, they'll take you to the desert and show you the space ship."

On 12/16/2016 at 7:34 PM, cookinwithgas said:

My wife watches this and when it's on I actually get the impression that it's a lot more like other older religions than people might want to admit. Only big difference is a couple of thousand years.

Exactly lol. That's the point people are missing. A 'spaceship in a desert' is just as likely as crap in the Bible. But now days we have proof and people want proof and physical evidence, they don't want to believe they want to know.

But older religions are popular because you can't know and can only believe. People feel comfortable with that and the fact their neighbor does as well.

but in the end religions are all related together by the FACT of the impossability to know unknown. If only people learned to come together because of this fact, but instead people get scared, seperate and classify themselves which ends in judgement, hatred and years of wars, lies and death.

shame really because to me,  religion more often than not shows  how weak the human race is.

I watched two episodes last night. If you saw "Going Clear" on HBO, it is a good continuation of that documentary. 

I don't know how many times my wife and I looked at each other like WTF, people actually "buy" into this???

I'll give credit, the masterminds who run that "church" are pretty good at brainwashing and fuging with people. 

I find cults very interesting and it's pretty amazing this cult has had the success it has, for the amount of years it has. 

IMG_7102.JPG

On 12/27/2016 at 7:24 AM, Hotsauce said:

I watched two episodes last night. If you saw "Going Clear" on HBO, it is a good continuation of that documentary. 

I don't know how many times my wife and I looked at each other like WTF, people actually "buy" into this???

I'll give credit, the masterminds who run that "church" are pretty good at brainwashing and fuging with people. 

I find cults very interesting and it's pretty amazing this cult has had the success it has, for the amount of years it has. 

IMG_7102.JPG

Let's be honest, churches have been doing that in America forever, they are just less crazy than Scientology usually.   

3 hours ago, Zaximus said:

Let's be honest, churches have been doing that in America forever, they are just less crazy than Scientology usually.   

Meh.  I'm not sure about all churches, but I am sure there are equally crazy religious churches out there, but I wouldn't generalize all churches. 

13 minutes ago, Hotsauce said:

Meh.  I'm not sure about all churches, but I am sure there are equally crazy religious churches out there, but I wouldn't generalize all churches. 

Religion as a whole is a cancer of the human mind, but there are variations and degrees of course.   But on the basic level, it's brainwashing.    The republican party as an example, at least since the 80's has been using evangelical churches to get votes from those brainwashed.    Scientology takes it to a whole other level with disappearances, murders, and all that though, for sure.    But it's quite hypocritical for any person that follows any religion to criticize Scientology for their psychological effects when all religions are guilty of this to a point.   Aliens seems just as probable as someone rising up after being dead, to those of us on the outside looking in, and maybe more so.  

But Scientology is a straight up criminal enterprise once you get past the initial brainwashing and whatnot.   It's really a place for the rich to park their money and get away with it and for the founders to make money off the brainwashed.   The obviously have friends in very high places in the Government since nothing has ever came down on them despite most people knowing something isn't right down there in Clearwater.   The politicians we vote in are probably involved in some degree.   

4 hours ago, Zaximus said:

Religion as a whole is a cancer of the human mind, but there are variations and degrees of course.   But on the basic level, it's brainwashing.    The republican party as an example, at least since the 80's has been using evangelical churches to get votes from those brainwashed.    Scientology takes it to a whole other level with disappearances, murders, and all that though, for sure.    But it's quite hypocritical for any person that follows any religion to criticize Scientology for their psychological effects when all religions are guilty of this to a point.   Aliens seems just as probable as someone rising up after being dead, to those of us on the outside looking in, and maybe more so.  

But Scientology is a straight up criminal enterprise once you get past the initial brainwashing and whatnot.   It's really a place for the rich to park their money and get away with it and for the founders to make money off the brainwashed.   The obviously have friends in very high places in the Government since nothing has ever came down on them despite most people knowing something isn't right down there in Clearwater.   The politicians we vote in are probably involved in some degree.   

You and I couldn't be on more opposite sides of the spectrum when it comes to the idea that "religion as a whole is a cancer to the human mind." 

There are many positives to having faith. There are miracles  that happen everyday in life. As a man of faith, I can assure you there is a God. 

Its not brainwashing for votes or whatever tin foil hat theory you have, it's just the good grace of God. I pray one day you will experience that grace.  

You can't believe in 

Just now, Hotsauce said:

You and I couldn't be on more opposite sides of the spectrum when it comes to the idea that "religion as a whole is a cancer to the human mind." 

There are many positives to having faith. There are miracles  that happen everyday in life. As a man of faith, I can assure you there is a God. 

Its not brainwashing for votes or whatever tin foil hat theory you have, it's just the good grace of God. I pray one day you will experience that grace.  

I am just saying, you cannot dismiss Scientologists views if you believe in some God  Because they have as much evidence as you, nothing, but a feeling.   Please don't pray for me, as I believe in things based on fact and clear evidence, not feelings.    I refuse to worship someone that lets thousands of kids every day around the world to disease and hunger but apparently just helped that NFL player score a TD.    When a doctor saves someone, I admire the years and dedication it took them to become who they were, not that some sky-God came down for one person.   Anyway, if God has a plan, why even pray?   Such is the contradiction that is known as the bible.  

The biggest violence in this world was because of religious views.   If there was no religion and life was based on fact, and just being good to one another (which doesn't need religion) this world would be in a much better spot. 

The issue is that most religions have a required "dismissal" of all other religions, and therefore, will always create violence and hate.   It is the brainwashing that happens, unfortunately.   Humans cannot rise above tribal stupidity that keeps them from reaching the actual "heavens" until they dismiss religion or at least become way more accepting of other views.

I see the reason for it, people cannot accept that when they die, they die.    And yeah, it can be useful, if it doesn't intrude in others lives (sadly, not happening here).  

2 hours ago, Zaximus said:

You can't believe in 

I am just saying, you cannot dismiss Scientologists views if you believe in some God  Because they have as much evidence as you, nothing, but a feeling.   Please don't pray for me, as I believe in things based on fact and clear evidence, not feelings.    I refuse to worship someone that lets thousands of kids every day around the world to disease and hunger but apparently just helped that NFL player score a TD.    When a doctor saves someone, I admire the years and dedication it took them to become who they were, not that some sky-God came down for one person.   Anyway, if God has a plan, why even pray?   Such is the contradiction that is known as the bible.  

The biggest violence in this world was because of religious views.   If there was no religion and life was based on fact, and just being good to one another (which doesn't need religion) this world would be in a much better spot. 

The issue is that most religions have a required "dismissal" of all other religions, and therefore, will always create violence and hate.   It is the brainwashing that happens, unfortunately.   Humans cannot rise above tribal stupidity that keeps them from reaching the actual "heavens" until they dismiss religion or at least become way more accepting of other views.

I see the reason for it, people cannot accept that when they die, they die.    And yeah, it can be useful, if it doesn't intrude in others lives (sadly, not happening here).  

Again man, you and I are on completely different ends on this topic. I'll for sure keep praying for you, maybe one day you will see things differently. 

lol don't get me started...

Zaximus is 100% correct.

There isn't much difference in the Church of Scientology and your average Christian Church, Muslim Mosque, Jewish Synagogue, etc.

The only real difference is that Scientology carries more of a sci-fi presentation than a historical oral tradition one.

All holy books were scripted by men, and men with motives.

You can believe in miracles however you want. To you it may be a guy living inside a whale, or someone walking on water. To others it may be a spaceship full of souls crashed into a planet. Either one is just as kooky, and just because you have some sort of personal faith in one over the other makes you no more correct.

I try to stay respectful as possible when discussing this topic, but disregarding the facts that bad things happen to good people, or that children die in war zones or starvation all over the world should open your eyes that, if there is some creator out there, then it really has a fuged up sense of priorities.

Stop being babies and just realize that the world just needs more positive energy to increase positive outcomes.

Organized, or even personal religions, to an extent, are chocked full of negative things.

Archived