• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What do you make out of Cams press conference?

chknwing

8 minutes ago, iamhubby1 said:

Aw c'mon man!!!!! Wait...3 1st rounders for Cam? Let me have a few more shots to think about that. 3 1st rounders is a tempting offer I tell ya what.

For Cam?...Dang. I love me some Cam as my QB. But 3 1st rounders. Double dang man. That is a franchise changing deal. Of course we lose Cam. But imagine the talent you can get with 6 1st round picks? (Our 3, and the 3 with get in the trade.)

OMG. My mind is all a flutter with the possibilities. Happy New Year indeed.

I don't wanna trade Cam. But three first rounders?  I'd trade my mom for three first rounders.  Honestly, that would be tough to pass up for any player.

I'm not really sure we could get that though. Heck, even a franchise tag only carries two firsts.

You'd have to be in Herschel Walker territory before I'd be ready to entertain this idea.

1 minute ago, KillerKat said:

Samething. Both chose not to evolve. DG chose not to help our weaknesses. Rivera and staff stuck with the same ol gameplan. Thus this season's epic meltdown.

DG is responsible for contracts and personal not schemes.  Coaches are responsible for schemes.  Again, you are trying to blame DG for bad coaching.

8 minutes ago, CRA said:

DG's performance directly effects Cam/Ron/Everyone.  

When compiling a list of what went wrong in 2016 you start with Dave.  

We know, we know. How dare Gman not bow down to the mighty Josh.

Before the year started, and even after we lost Josh. Most folks still had us vying for a playoff spot. But because the wheels fell off, it is all Gmans fault?

That is the life of a fan. We can think what we want. We are not bound by the reality of actually running an NFL team.

Just now, ARSEN said:

DG is responsible for contracts and personal not schemes.  Coaches are responsible for schemes.  Again, you are trying to blame DG for bad coaching.

When your GM doesn't give you enough talent to stop a pass attack....you can't blame the coaches for not having magic scheme.  Same for our passing O

Just now, ARSEN said:

DG is also responsible for providing better players for our weaknesses which he chose not do to. DG and Rivera's job went hand to hand in this seasons huge fail. You don't look at your weakness and assume you'll be good enough the following year by not addressing them.

Cam's regression in play is a big part of the reason that we went from 15-1 to 6-10. Now, that can be due to any number of reasons. Last year, he was the clear MVP. This year, he was a bottom 5 QB. Maybe he comes back next year stronger than ever? I hope so. But we shouldn't put all our eggs in one basket.

One thing we ought to do is to try improve our backup QB situation in the draft. Last year, we actually had Dak Prescott in for an interview. We were looking at him with our 4th round pick, but he went in the 3rd. In the event that Cam decides to retire early or gets hurt, we have to have something better than a geriatric Derek Anderson on the sidelines.

1 minute ago, CRA said:

When your GM doesn't give you enough talent to stop a pass attack....you can't blame the coaches for not having magic scheme.  Same for our passing O

Rivera was raving about Boston.  Bradbarry is rated higher than Norman this season.  You were saying?

Archived