• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

"Cam isn't good at the short, quick throws"

Jeremy Igo

5 minutes ago, GoobyPls said:

No it's not, Cam operates best when he gets into rhythm usually in no huddle. 

This is whole mechanics talk is pointless, Cam had terrible mechanics last season and won the MVP 

What the hell is the difference between a rhythm in a no huddle and with one? To use your own argument, he won MVP with an offense that moved slower in between plays than poo rolls uphill.

and lol clutching the MVP award. Do they hand out lombardis for that now?

10 minutes ago, electro's horse said:

Aaron Rodgers literally trains in the offseason running sideways on a treadmill throwing footballs from weird positions to improve his accuracy. 

Cam spends his knocking up strippers, trashing renting mansions, and raising the women's section at belks. 

You used to be a decent poster.

Now you're just a bitter washed up wannabe actor.

Delete your account.

1 hour ago, Jeremy Igo said:

One argument I have seen against changing up the offense a bit is that Cam isn't particularly good at short quick throws. 

Fug that. 

It might have something to do with Cam spending the entire OTA and training camp in a system that calls for him holding onto the ball for 4 seconds and throwing deep ball after deep ball. 

I have said since Cam was drafted every year in camp I am amazed about how long it takes for the plays to develop and Cam to throw the ball. It was not like that under the Fox regime. 

A new offensive coordinator is needed. One that can take an intelligent, physical freak like Cam Newton to the next level. Cam has hit his ceiling under the current regime, but personally he still has much more room to grow. 

There is no doubt in my mind that with a proper mentor, Newton could become that Aaron Rodgers type player. Deadly in the long game, deadly in the short game, and a threat to run. 

/rant

Silly Jeremy Igo.

Cam Newton is a one-trick pony whose only success was due to the sustained and popular genius of one Coach Michael Shula, Esq.

Didn't you know that?  Just ask... there are many here in this forum who will explain it to you in detail.

This seasons failure, to me, was due to the Oline injuries.

We were in the same boat a couple seasons ago and Oher was brought in along with Norwell and all of a sudden, a non injury 2015 season for the Oline turned the whole thing around.  This year, only Norwell, only one guy played out his spot.

Our playbook was immediately limited and continuity along the line was shown to be problematic.  With Cam no longer allowed to be a running QB, building a wall in front of him will be paramount

I have no doubt Cam could thrive with short passes.

He has work to do in the offseason, there is no indication whatsoever based in factual information that he will not do so other than the ramblings of random shitposters on the Carolina huddle.

Our WR's also have a hell of a lot of improving to do as well. They quit on routes, they don't fight for the ball, and they can't get separation.

Improvement is needed all around in this offense.

17 minutes ago, electro's horse said:

Aaron Rodgers literally trains in the offseason running sideways on a treadmill throwing footballs from weird positions to improve his accuracy. 

Cam spends his knocking up strippers, trashing rented mansions, and raiding the women's section at belks. 

Lol was this necessary? 

2 minutes ago, TheRed said:

I have no doubt Cam could thrive with short passes.

He has work to do in the offseason, there is no indication whatsoever based in factual information that he will not do so other than the ramblings of random shitposters on the Carolina huddle.

Our WR's also have a hell of a lot of improving to do as well. They quit on routes, they don't fight for the ball, and they can't get separation.

Improvement is needed all around in this offense.

I really want to see our WRs come back strong. As mentioned, last night those receivers work for Aaron and I think it should always be that way. Its like having your QBs back. 

1 minute ago, pantherj said:

I read a while back that opposing defenses decided this season that the best way to stop our offense was by blitzing more.

I remember last year that Cam was 19td-3int against the blitz, this year he was 7td-6int. Teams this year were successful running delayed blitzes, Lavonte David was living in our backfield yesterday. 

6 minutes ago, Peppers90 NC said:

Wasn't the premise of the Auburn offense short quick throws?

Lots of crossing patterns and mid-range outs and hitches while establishing and pounding the rock and then throwing deep.

I remember Cam's first deep TD pass at Auburn was a hitch-and-go.

Archived