• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Presser at 1pm

chknwing

I have no faith that this offense will evolve if we decide to keep Shula and Dorsey. At least bring in a coach as a passing game coordinator. They had 7 months after the SB and a whole season to counter what the Broncos did and they are still stumped, they can't handle the delayed blitzed. Rivera sounds like he would rather lose with Mike Shula than get a new OC and compete for a SB 

For example, yesterday we open up in a no huddle uptempo style and come out throwing... it leads to a touchdown. Time after time we see Cam and this O excel in this exact style.

So how does Shula respond when he gets the ball back up 7-3... he runs 2 bullsh!t runs resulting in a 3rd and long that Cam was able to bail him out of but why? Why wouldn't you just continue with the uptempo passing style that JUST worked 5 minutes ago.

When you lose as many close games as we did this year that's on the coaching staff. Rivera blew many games himself. Like I said before, as long as Rivera and Shula are around this team will never win a SB. 

21 minutes ago, gmonjimbo said:

I have no faith that this offense will evolve if we decide to keep Shula and Dorsey. At least bring in a coach as a passing game coordinator. They had 7 months after the SB and a whole season to counter what the Broncos did and they are still stumped, they can't handle the delayed blitzed. Rivera sounds like he would rather lose with Mike Shula than get a new OC and compete for a SB 

Complacent. That's not a good leader. If Ron doesn't want to fire him because he's afraid to piss the Shula's off, DG has to fire Shula and tell him to take his whole staff. But that'll never happen. 

I am certainly ready for Shula to be gone. I don't know how bad the offense would have to be for Ron to actually do something to the OC. However, I expect to see Dorsey either fired or "moved" to a different job. He is a young coach and gets along great with Cam, but maybe Cam needs an older person who played QB in the NFL who can speak on the mechanics and the mind games to play with opposing defenses.

These are things I'm not sure how much Dorsey knows about or can speak on from experience. I'm worried that in some way he isn't commanding enough respect on these issues. He was a college QB, did he ever actually even play QB in the NFL?

We should be looking for an ex-QB or a guy who has success with QBs and who has been coaching for a little while. I'm thinking of guys who are currently what Andy Reid, Doug Pederson, or Ben McAdoo were before they became top guys.

Basically, who else coached Brett Favre or Aaron Rodgers during good seasons?

Archived