• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Price Tag for Gruden

Catufb85

21 minutes ago, Floppin said:

The persistent Gruden fawning through the years around here has always been baffling. Gruden is a garbage coach.

I agree. Gruden got progressively worse in Tampa, and was never able to rebuild that team once they fell off their SB form. For someone who is seen as such a great talent evaluator, he was never able to find another decent QB, or build the trenches back up for that matter. Gruden is highly overrated, simply because of his TV persona. I also don't see Gruden as a good match to Newton, as it seems like a clash of ego's. If you watch any old practice sessions with Gruden and one of his former QB's, you'll see a coach who was constantly rubbing his guys the wrong way with his obsessive need for the QB to always practice and play perfectly. I also don't see Gruden taking anymore coaching jobs, as he has it good in the broadcast both, and he can stay his overrated self there, were he does a good job and is liked by many.

Other than Johnson and Garcia, Gruden pretty much took a "lottery" approach to the quarterback position. Each time one didn't pay off immediately, he'd just buy a new ticket.

The notion that he's a quarterback guru still baffles me given that the only QBs he ever succeeded with were developed by someone else.

The way he talks about the Panthers is really encouraging and it's why I'd like to seem him coach. He obviously loves Cam but his deep appreciation for Jonathan Stewart is what sticks out the most. He clearly looks back on the matchups against Fox with a lot of admiration and I think team would run like a hybrid of Fox and Rivera's approaches.

Archived