• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Price Tag for Gruden

Catufb85

According to sources:

@AUS10SPORTS Yep. $8-$10mil per, fully guaruneed 5 year+ deal with full control still might not get it done.

— Benjamin Allbright (@AllbrightNFL) December 20, 2016

I know at any moment I will wake up from this beautiful dream of Jon Gruden being named the new head coach for the Carolina Panthers to the nightmare of us potentially losing both key defensive coaches with Shula retaining his duties.  Sources say Gruden essentially wants to be the highest paid coach in football and have full control over the team.  I know there isn't a snowball chance in hell but it makes my man parts tingle with day dreaming of Gruden fiercely coaching our beloved Panthers.  Makes me slightly aroused to think of Cam throwing a boneheaded pass that is picked off and Gruden going over and ripping into him to get this sh*&^ together on the sideline.  Gruden was infatuated with Newton coming out of college at his Gruden QB camp.  Always talks highly of Cam when broadcasting our games.  Would be the perfect fit IMO of handling Cam's personality and progressing his QB Skills. 

Then I woke up from this dream and saw no news of Shula being canned. 

Keep Pounding!!!

He doesn't want to coach. He's happy with his media job. Gets to stay involved with football but doesn't have the stress and responsibilities of actually coaching. Pretty sweet setup. He already has his Super Bowl ring.

This pretty much confirms it. No team is going to commit to $40-50M for a coach who has been out of coaching for as long as he has, but if theu are, Gruden will sign that contract and why not? I'll gladly embarrass myself and prove I'm an idiot who can't coach a football team out of a wet paper sack if you're willing to give me that much money.

Just now, L-TownCat said:

Shula getting canned is the good part.

The weird part is why Gruden?

Why? 

His team steadily declined after winning with Dungy's group.

He also beat his former team in the Raiders who inexplicably still used his plays and defensive calls in the Super Bowl. How fuging stupid can you be?

I think people like the idea of Gruden coaching much more than they would actually like him coaching.

He was gifted a super bowl with a team built by Tony Dungy and proceeded to get progressively worse as the years went on in Tampa.

Why anyone would want him as their head coach is beyond me. 

Jon gruden inherited a team stacked with hall of famers and gradually let it erode as he blew pick after pick on total trash. 

He installed a dink and dunk west coast attack using such luminaries as Brad Johnson, Jeff Garcia, and fifty five carries a game from Carnell Williams. 

If gruden was hired he'd draft a bust left tackle, send off cam from peanuts, and sign jay cutler to compete with Brad gradkowski. 

Like opinions on gruden are a great barometer for whether a person watches espn or knows anything about football. 

Archived