• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Someone tell me what's wrong with this picture...

WarHeel

You guys are looking for butthurt again.

Cam had a really shitty year. No ifs ands or buts around it. It is a direct contrast to the year he had last year where he was the MVP. So in the grand scheme of things where they had him ranked very highly last year, showing Cam with a dejected look insinuates his ranking likely fell (deservedly so) this season. They used photos to imply that he no longer holds the #1 ranking from the previous year, because there was a huge difference in Cam's level of play over the past two years.

Why you guys take it personally is beyond me. If he had played better, he wouldn't have even been pictured. He played great last year and got the love and accolades. He followed it up with a stinker and is now being criticized. How you can look into it any further is beyond me when there's plenty of other blatant examples of pure hate against him for no real reason. 

Rodger's got poo on last year and bounced back. Let's hope Cam does too. 

5 minutes ago, WarHeel said:

That's exactly my point. Minimal recognition of success but relentless persecution for coming up short. It's where my issue lies.

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

He was the frigging NFL MVP last year. How the hell does that count as minimal recognition??? That incredible amount of recognition, which has been phenomenal since the start, is just why he is in that picture. When someone who has been that good basically falls off a cliff, it is a big deal.

Quit begging to be butthurt by the fact that the media says Cam had a bad season because, sparky, he DID have a bad season. Just like Rogers the season before and I'm sure Ryan has had some, too. And heck, Brady was dragged through the mud for deflating footballs. All of them have taken their licks from the media, and the fans.

Now, it's really about next year. I'll go ahead and prep ya for the preseason... they are going to be asking the big question-- can Cam make a comeback or is he done? Don't get upset that anyone is asking it. Get upset if there's a bad answer.

6 minutes ago, Khyber53 said:

He was the frigging NFL MVP last year. How the hell does that count as minimal recognition??? That incredible amount of recognition, which has been phenomenal since the start, is just why he is in that picture. When someone who has been that good basically falls off a cliff, it is a big deal.

Quit begging to be butthurt by the fact that the media says Cam had a bad season because, sparky, he DID have a bad season. Just like Rogers the season before and I'm sure Ryan has had some, too. And heck, Brady was dragged through the mud for deflating footballs. All of them have taken their licks from the media, and the fans.

Now, it's really about next year. I'll go ahead and prep ya for the preseason... they are going to be asking the big question-- can Cam make a comeback or is he done? Don't get upset that anyone is asking it. Get upset if there's a bad answer.

Nailed it.

Cam was EVERYWHERE last season. He single handedly made the Dab a national sensation. To say he didn't get any recognition for his success last year is just wrong. He went from having his undoubtedly best season to having his undoubtedly worst season in back to back years. That's why it's a story, and that's why they're highlighting it. Khyber is right, all offseason there will be articles and pundits asking if Cam can return to MVP form, because it's a legitimate question to ask a former MVP QB of the NFL.

No disagreement with him having a horrible year. Just saying they could have chosen any playoff team from last year and slapped their QB on the same cover. Cam being the MVP last year does not excuse the consistent dissecting. He's a polarizing figure, I get that. Perhaps I'm butt hurt about this season in general. But you won't convince me that the media and the NFL don't itch for the opportunity to throw Cam or our franchise under the bus.

More people hate him than like him, league wide. Go to any other message board, very few people appreciate him. Everyone knows that, even the idiot media and know this will get reads and comments. He had a terrible year and now people are licking their chops. Stop being so sensitive Cam doesn't need all you nut huggers sticking up for him.

More people hate him than like him, league wide. Go to any other message board, very few people appreciate him. Everyone knows that, even the idiot media and know this will get reads and comments. He had a terrible year and now people are licking their chops. Stop being so sensitive Cam doesn't need all you nut huggers sticking up for him.

If Jerry, Ron, and Dave won't, who will? It is possible to have a problem with the way the media handles Cam and simultaneously not be considered a "nuthugger."

3 minutes ago, WarHeel said:

If Jerry, Ron, and Dave won't, who will? It is possible to have a problem with the way the media handles Cam and simultaneously not be considered a "nuthugger."

It sucks, it's a shame and I probably could have said, get used to it. It's only the beginning of the shitstorm.

Isn't it fitting that they put the famous Von Miller "strip sack" in the middle of their collage. The bias against Cam is real we see it, it's been documented. They made an illegal hit to the head and the result of it the centerpiece of their collage.

Archived