• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Mecklenburg County BOC approves new MLS Stadium/CCC Fugs it up/1/30-bid still ON despite CCC

Nails

Still must be approved by Charlotte City Council and a team must be awarded, although widely believed inevitable due to no MLB team and few southeast teams.

Panthers related since Bruton and Marcus Smith had mentioned wanting a piece of the team at some point and are ponying up over $200 million for the entry fee and stadium for MLS.

This was way too rushed. How can you make an informed decision on such a large economic commitment and burden on tax payers in such a short period of time. Have there been studies on traffic and all that good stuff. As a tax payer I'm concerned. I'm not against it but due diligence is a must for me and my tax money. 

can't they just pay for it primarily with PSL licenses like the Panthers did?

oh wait they would need people interested enough in soccer to pony up the cash never mind. It's another NASCAR Hall of Fame thing...oh Bruton Smith is involved, where all the fans of his other sport rail against government spending LOL

4 minutes ago, toldozer said:

I would pony up some money for psls but I doubt he could sell 20,000 of them at roughly 3 grand each.   

That price isn't in line with the MLS Season fees. They range anywhere from $320 to $650. Between 17-20 games depending on playoffs etc. 

Just now, C47 said:

That price isn't in line with the MLS Season fees. They range anywhere from $320 to $650. Between 17-20 games depending on playoffs etc. 

That's what I'm saying. I just divided the 47 million by 20,000 (probably more seats than the stadium would hold) and it was like 2400

12 minutes ago, KittyLover said:

This was way too rushed. How can you make an informed decision on such a large economic commitment and burden on tax payers in such a short period of time. Have there been studies on traffic and all that good stuff. As a tax payer I'm concerned. I'm not against it but due diligence is a must for me and my tax money. 

Blah blah blah.  MLS has a deadline, January 31.  That's it.  2-4 teams will be named because there will be at least 4 of the 10 cities with the sense and backing to get it done, rushed or not.  CLT had the backing (Smith), but not the sense.

Archived