• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

NFL Rumors: RB Dalvin Cook Off The Field Concerns; Panthers Interest In S Obi Melifonwu

Saca312

5 minutes ago, Hammerin'Cameron1 said:

Well Cook had more carries in college. 687 to  Fournette's 616 and yet Cook still has the better YPC - 6.5 for Cook to 6.2 for Fournette

935 college receiving yards for Cook

Fournette only has 526

Maybe its scheme, maybe LSU should have used Fournette more in the passing game ... or maybe they didn't because receiving isn't his forte

Cook is elite all around, good size, at 5'11 - 213 lb.

Cook is underrated as fug and I hope we get him

You don't even football, apparently.

I've been telling everyone that will listen (not you, apparently) that Cook isn't going to be a good back in the NFL. He either hits a homerun or takes a loss. His line was light years better in college (he had the best LT in college football IMHO) and he benefited from scheme and personnel differences at FSU. His vision isn't the greatest, and all he really has going for him is speed, agility, and the ability to stretch out dink and dunk passes  (like in a WCO) to YAC stretches. He's not an every down RB in the NFL, and whoever tries to make him one will be regressing.

At best, most teams should have already had him graded around the mid 20's overall in this draft, and with his character and health concerns surfacing, most should drop him down to the 50's or worse.

Depending on where he lands, Cook can have a few good years. But, in 6 years people are going to forget about him. He's not going to have consistent next-level success.

Fournette on the other hand has the tools and potential to be Adrian Peterson-esque. He has size, speed, vision, hands, power, etc. He's the total package.

On 1/28/2017 at 7:24 PM, Saca312 said:

With the offseason for many teams in full swing, the draft season is a focal point for many teams hoping to find just the right prospects to bolster their team.

There are good things being said about prospects, and there are bad things.

According to WalterFootball, NFL teams are starting to look into S Obi Melifonwu's potential - including the Panthers - and Dalvin Cook's off-the-field character.

http://walterfootball.com/seniorbowl2017rumors4.php

On S Obi Melifonwu:

I made a topic recently on this particular safety. Looks like I wasn't the only one interested:

On RB Dalvin Cook's off the field concerns:

Apparently Cook is a guy who hangs around thugs and has multiple kids with multiple women.

Definitely could affect his draft stock.

Interesting developments. Keep an eye on this offseason.

IDK man.  I think he runs harder with all those baby mama issues and running with thugs.  A+ grade

Plus he can't afford to retire so you know he plays out his rookie contract :)

With our OL, we need a true power rb. If we go offense for the first pick, I'd take Fournette in a heart beat. If we are really serious about improving the offense, then trade down from 8 to 12 with Cleveland, take OJ Howard and get Joe Thomas, while throwing in a 3rd rounder.

14 minutes ago, SOJA said:

so you can go ahead and cross Dalvin Cook off the panthers board

I GUARANTEE THAT

and before you start crying he isn't worth the 8th pick in the draft anyway. guy has trent richardson 2.0 written all over him. 

Why would he be crossed off the board? Legit question, looking for a good response

3 minutes ago, Swaggasaurus said:

Why would he be crossed off the board? Legit question, looking for a good response

Richardson notoriously is very picky about guys with off field concerns after Rae Carruth. 

He was truly apologetic after the Hardy incident. 

I promise he won't allow us to draft a player with character concerns again- ESPECIALLY as our first round pick. 

17 minutes ago, SOJA said:

Richardson notoriously is very picky about guys with off field concerns after Rae Carruth. 

He was truly apologetic after the Hardy incident. 

I promise he won't allow us to draft a player with character concerns again- ESPECIALLY as our first round pick. 

It's really just a Walterfootball rumor tho. That's all this is, I'd rather go 10 different directions other than Cook in the draft. I just want people to have a fair view of him. He was cleared on the assault charges. Thomas Davis had kids with 2 different women. Cam Newton stole some poo and they are great guys. It's wrong to crucify this young man for rumors and the fact that he was accused and found not guilty of assault. I know he showed up for his teammates in the bowl game unlike Fournette and McCaffery. 

I'm not a huge Cook fan either. I'd rather have Adams, Fournette, Hooker, Barnett, and Corey Davis over him. I'm just in disbelief that some people on here are condemning a man for an assault that did not occur 

1 hour ago, Swaggasaurus said:

It's really just a Walterfootball rumor tho. That's all this is, I'd rather go 10 different directions other than Cook in the draft. I just want people to have a fair view of him. He was cleared on the assault charges. Thomas Davis had kids with 2 different women. Cam Newton stole some poo and they are great guys. It's wrong to crucify this young man for rumors and the fact that he was accused and found not guilty of assault. I know he showed up for his teammates in the bowl game unlike Fournette and McCaffery. 

I'm not a huge Cook fan either. I'd rather have Adams, Fournette, Hooker, Barnett, and Corey Davis over him. I'm just in disbelief that some people on here are condemning a man for an assault that did not occur 

Ok well you have no proof either that the event didn't occur- I'm just being realistic 

13 minutes ago, SOJA said:

Ok well you have no proof either that the event didn't occur- I'm just being realistic 

Welp "realistically" in the eyes of the law he didn't do it and Worley did. By no means was Worley wrong in doing that, but Cook should not be bashed by folks for a crime he was found innocent of. You guys make no fuging sense. Just being realistic, ignorance of fact Is some unrealistic poo

Archived