• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

NFL Rumors: RB Dalvin Cook Off The Field Concerns; Panthers Interest In S Obi Melifonwu

Saca312

With the offseason for many teams in full swing, the draft season is a focal point for many teams hoping to find just the right prospects to bolster their team.

There are good things being said about prospects, and there are bad things.

According to WalterFootball, NFL teams are starting to look into S Obi Melifonwu's potential - including the Panthers - and Dalvin Cook's off-the-field character.

http://walterfootball.com/seniorbowl2017rumors4.php

On S Obi Melifonwu:

• One prospect that is creating a buzz is UConn safety Obi Melifonwu. He was one of the stars of the weigh-in, as he checked in at 6-foot-4, 219 pounds and obviously is a dedicated patron of the weight room. During the fall, scouting sources told WalterFootball.com that Melifonwu would rise in the lead up to the draft because he is a workout warrior and was putting together a quality senior season. He totaled 118 tackles, three passes broken up, and four interceptions on the year. 

Some sources believe Melifonwu could be a versatile safety with the size and speed to cover tight ends in man coverage. They also feel he can walk down into the box like Deone Bucannon and be an enforcer like Kam Chancellor. While it is very early in the process, here are five teams that are showing a lot of interest in Melifonwu: Seattle Seahawks, Houston Texans, New Orleans Saints, Philadelphia Eagles, and Carolina Panthers. 

I made a topic recently on this particular safety. Looks like I wasn't the only one interested:

On RB Dalvin Cook's off the field concerns:

• The combine interviews and pre-draft visits are going to be very important for Dalvin Cook. There are some minor off-the-field concerns regarding Cook; not so much with his character, but the company he keeps. Cook is said to have an entourage that has some real thugs. These friends have teams worried that it could be dangerous for Cook to continue hanging around them. Teams are concerned that Cook drinks a heavy amount and could have some challenges with his focus from having multiple kids with multiple women.
  •  

Apparently Cook is a guy who hangs around thugs and has multiple kids with multiple women.

Definitely could affect his draft stock.

Interesting developments. Keep an eye on this offseason.

3 hours ago, Kevin Greene said:

What does Walter Football mean by "real thugs".

Well I just searched up Cook a bit more.

Turns out he may have more issues than just "hanging out" with thugs:

http://www.local10.com/news/dalvin-cook-accused-of-punching-woman-outside-tallahassee-bar

Florida State star running back Dalvin Cook is accused of punching a woman in the face during an argument outside a Tallahassee bar last month.

He's blaring "Hardy 2.0" to me right now. Not exactly a prospect to take with the 8th pick.

EDIT: He's been found not guilty.

Nevertheless, the issue comes that he does have drinking problems - which Floyd had and cost his contract w/ the Cardinals - and lots of women and kids.

Add the fact he hangs out with "thugs" according to scouts and it just doesn't appear like a good pick for our organization.

Just now, Saca312 said:

Well I just searched up Cook a bit more.

Turns out he may have more issues than just "hanging out" with thugs:

http://www.local10.com/news/dalvin-cook-accused-of-punching-woman-outside-tallahassee-bar

He's blaring "Hardy 2.0" to me right now. Not exactly a prospect to take with the 8th pick.

No that article is from 2015 and well known.

Just now, Kevin Greene said:

No that article is from 2015 and well known.

Fair. It's a bit far back in the past, so one could argue he changed.

But I assume Cook isn't hanging with reputable people is what scouts are noticing, and his issue with multiple women isn't exactly the most appealing.

Cook is not the first guy to grown up in florida and have trusted friends that are "real thugs". he didnt have a problem at Florida state i dont see any reason to think he would now and Cook was found not guilty of punch that woman

http://www.syracuse.com/sports/index.ssf/2015/08/dalvin_cook_florida_states_top_running_back_found_not_guilty_of_punching_woman.html

39 minutes ago, Ivan The Awesome said:

Yeah, Cook is done....well done.

Cook just burned his chances with the Panthers...

Cook's off field issues are a recipe for disaster..

Cook hitting a woman is going to leave a bad taste in some people's mouth, some won't even stomach it.

Ahyuk!

He was found not guilty of that. Daryl Worley did assault a female however. Didn't hurt his chances

Archived