• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Wait, Michael Oher Never Cleared Concussion Protocol?

Saca312

8 hours ago, dardarroarroar said:

That's what I'm thinking because something isn't right I'm starting to think he got this concussion before the Vikings game probably in another game probably in the game against the damn 49ers I don't know but damn if nobody knows when I happen since there needs to be some serious questions asked on how they monitor for concussions or if they are proficient at doing that

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

Well we know for certain they're not proficient in monitoring concussions. Cam probably had a minor concussion week one. I don't think the process from the league or teams is very good. Mike shouldn't have even saw the playing field against Minnesota. It's just scary that they can't even pinpoint when or about when he got it. For all we know, he got his lights knocked out week one also and it went downhill slowly from there.  

Is he not cleared because he hasn't been give a test in 4 months or is failing the current test.  BIG difference.  

When he went on IR, my guess is that there were no more tests given and was just told to rest up and will test again when it gets closer to mini camp / OTA's. 

If he is truly still failing the protocol test, then yes it sounds like he is (or should be) done. 

4 hours ago, Jangler said:

tbh it's going to take time to teach players how to tackle differently, to fit the rules of todays pro football. Until they catch up, it's the job of the NFLs officials to protect all NFL players without bias. If only the officials were full time, like every other NFL employee.

It will take away from the NFL product and they know it.  Thats why its taking so long.  I think they all get paid plenty and as long as they know about the risk they should be able to do it.  You are free to retire at any time. 

What happened to Oher was a freak play i think. It looked like someone tripped or something

Well we know for certain they're not proficient in monitoring concussions. Cam probably had a minor concussion week one. I don't think the process from the league or teams is very good. Mike shouldn't have even saw the playing field against Minnesota. It's just scary that they can't even pinpoint when or about when he got it. For all we know, he got his lights knocked out week one also and it went downhill slowly from there.  

It's honestly sad because now I don't really even believe players when they say they're OK because a lot of players have this competitive mindset that takes over and overrides whether they're OK to play or whether they're going to be healthy long-term they just want to get on the field and play and Cam is that type of player that's what's so frustrating about him I don't think he's been healthy this whole season especially with the way the refs just let people go at him and oher should just retire. so sad that these players let football consume so much of their life that they're willing to risk everything everything to play just one more game and I get being passionate about things but there's a difference between being passionate and just being irrational

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

6 minutes ago, Zaximus said:

He should retire and, not to be insensitive, it would be the best for us as well to clear that contract.   He's obviously not what we really need at LT and paying that money for a backup is a bit much.  

If Oher is healthy, I don't have an issue with him at LT. IF.

Either way, we obviously need depth at LT. When an injury at that position forces us to move our RT to LT, thus disrupting two positions on the OL, that's a major issue.

Archived