• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Potential LT cuts

AU-panther

2 hours ago, Rastlet said:

This kind of thinking I just don't understand. It's painfully obvious that our tackle situation now is a recipe for disaster. Secondly by most accounts the draft is really weak at the tackle position. So since you are so smarter than the rest of us please let me know where we are supposed to find a upgrade at the tackle position?

Gettlemagic 

10 hours ago, mc52beast said:

Wonder whatever happened to that guy Dave said " has left tackle feet"...

Oh yeh, I think Byron Bell is his name.

The entire quote is important. It shows that Gettleman. was saying he did not have classic left tackle feet or ability.

“People talk about, ‘He’s got left tackle feet. He’s got to have left tackle feet.’ There are only so many elite tackles,” Gettleman said last week. “There are plenty of guys playing left tackle in this league that don’t have classic left tackle feet.

“If you only had left tackles that had classic left tackle athletic ability there’s only 15 teams that would send an offense out there with 11 guys because the other 15 wouldn’t have a guy to play left tackle.”

23 minutes ago, Catufb85 said:

I just looked at this list and got a little sick to my stomach.  we don't need to sign any over the hill injury prone tackles. No more stop gap at our weakness position..

From a LT perspective, this franchise was spoiled for a decade with Jordan Gross.  Finding one isn't easy.  Among our options are Matt Kalil and Luke Joeckel, guys those teams thought would be the answer.  The Cardinals OC stated DJ Humphries will play LT and Veldheer RT this year, and Humphries didn't play in year one and was atrocious year 2 at RT.  No one wants an older stop gap in an ideal scenario but it's our best option right now.

4 minutes ago, Nails said:

From a LT perspective, this franchise was spoiled for a decade with Jordan Gross.  Finding one isn't easy.  Among our options are Matt Kalil and Luke Joeckel, guys those teams thought would be the answer.  The Cardinals OC stated DJ Humphries will play LT and Veldheer RT this year, and Humphries didn't play in year one and was atrocious year 2 at RT.  No one wants an older stop gap in an ideal scenario but it's our best option right now.

Would much go after Joeckel, Reiff, or Kahlil before any one of those.

As expected, the Denver Broncos will not retain Russell Okung.

According to FOX Sports' Jay Glazer, the Broncos informed their starting left tackle that they won't pick up his $1 million option bonus, which is due by March 9.

By declining, Denver is off the hook for the remainder of Okung's four-year, $48 million contract, while clearing $11.7 million in salary cap space.

On 2/17/2017 at 4:06 PM, Catufb85 said:

I just looked at this list and got a little sick to my stomach.  we don't need to sign any over the hill injury prone tackles. No more stop gap at our weakness position..

Franchise left tackles don't grow on trees. A stopgap is far better than the matador situation we've had recently.

Archived