• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

LSU Dilemma at #8

Catufb85

I've been torn between which bandwagon to be on as of late.  I've recently been on the Leonard Fournette train for quite some time now but the more and more I watch video and research the more I'm intrigued about hopping to the Jamal Adams train.  I think either one of these guys would be a perfect fit at #8 for my beloved Panthers.  I would be in absolute heaven with either one of these two players.  However, I wanted to see the huddle's opinion on if these two players are on the board which and why would you pick that player.

Reason for me being torn is I think Fournette could bring the power, aggression, and fear back to our running back that we lacked last year.  We pride ourselves on being a smash-mouth, line it up, eye to eye, style of offense. I'm concerned with his health and history of injuries that have already effected him in the college years.  However, when healthy this is a once a decade type Running back, some experts comparing to Adrian Peterson. 

Then you got Jamal Adams who easily could anchor our Defensive secondary for years.  Hes a big rangy hard hitting safety that can fly sideline to sideline.  Good in coverage but great coming down into the box on key running downs. 

I think at the end of the day, with the "shelf-life" of running backs compared to safeties.. I think gettleman would go Jamal Adams.  Running backs just don't have the longevity safeties tend to have. 

I personally think that if both on the board, no matter what Gettleman does, if Leonard is there and we pass on him, Huddle will go up in Flames. 

Yeah true, I don't see a scenario that is consistent with Adams falling to 8.  All of the teams above us would be more than willing to take Adams and Hooker for that matter.  Hooker maybe not so much since recently have surgery but both safeties are top 5 potential.  I see Fournette being there at 8 more than Adams but crazier things have happened. 

I think there is more of a chance Gettleman signs a Safety in FA than a RB.  However, two scenarios that I would be okay with is somehow signing Latavius Murray and drafting Adams. or signing Eric Berry/Tony Jefferson/Cyprien and taking Fournette.

Archived