• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

LSU Dilemma at #8

Catufb85

For those saying we have to protect Cam... By drafting Leonard Fournette you do protect Cam. not with OL help. But with those key situations that we see every Sunday. Pass protection by running backs, which JStew was used the most and protected the best in the league, but also all those short 3rd down runs Cam has to endure and those goaline short yardage runs he takes as well. Plug in a bruiser like Fournette, you add shelf life to Cam. 

If we take Fournette, I would be interested in seeing if we sign an actual fullback and adopt a more pro style offense. Has anyone else noticed that Cam's mechanics are best when he is under center? I feel like he gets lazy in shotgun and just slings it off his back foot too often. Either way, I'll be interested to see where we are in August

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

55 minutes ago, gorillamilitia13 said:

No Mike Williams will be a beast and we do need major help at receiver. If Williams is there and we take Barnett or that stanford DE I'll be pissed.

Then you will most likely be upset on draft night. There's a pretty high chance that fournette, adams, garrett, allen, Hooker   and one or two qb be off the board by the time we pick  . In that senario, either Barnett ,S.Thomas, M.Lattimore , and M. Humphrey will probably the likely pick for us . 

Highly doubt we take Williams or C.Davis, but I wouldn't be upset taking either of them . I still prefer John Ross or Dede Westbrook since what we need is a young speed reciever and not more big ass slow WRS . 

2 minutes ago, Hoenheim said:

Then you will most likely be upset on draft night. There's a pretty high chance that fournette, adams, garrett, allen, Hooker   and one or two qb be off the board by the time we pick  . In that senario, Barnett and S.Thomas are probably the likely pick for us . 

Highly doubt we take Williams or C.Davis, but I wouldn't be upset taking either of them . I still prefer John Ross or Dede Westbrook since what we need is a young speed reciever and not more big ass slow WRS . 

*pukes*

Fournette would be the better value in my opinion. 

He's just too good of a prospect to pass on. However I have a strong feeling the Jags will gladly solve this problem for us and take Fournette.

Our last 2 first rounders did not serve enough immediate impact for us as a 1st rounder should. 

I can't see any player who would have more of an immediate positive impact on this team than Fournette. 

A great pass rusher would be awesome but my amatuer eyes and limited access just don't see any that have me inspired to use the 8th pick on them. 

Same can be said about offensive tackle times 10.

I love Fournette for us but in the event he's gone I'm on board with best secondary player available or would not be upset if we found a home run prospect at WR. We desperately need speed and someone with big breakaway play abiilty on offense. 

Cam has not a really good supporting cast since his rookie year. At least then he had both deangelo and Stewart at RB. Olsen and Shockey at TE. Steve Smith and Lafell at WR. And most importantly a million times better O-line than he has now.

Cam is that good that he has masked serious talent deficiencies around him for the past 3 years. 

I hope Gettleman finally corrects that via free agency and the draft this year. 

Here is the best personal opinion mock draft I've done.  Adams was off the board as well as the known/expected Adams, Hooker, Garrett, Allen, etc.  I think this mock draft I did addresses all needs, keep in mind no FA has happened so this is pure speculation that I would like to see..

Round 1 Pick 8: Leonard Fournette, RB, LSU (A+)
Round 2 Pick 8: David Njoku, TE, Miami (Fla.) (A)
Round 3 Pick 8: Adoree' Jackson, CB, Southern California (A)
Round 3 Pick 35 (COMP): Jordan Willis, DE, Kansas State (A-)
Round 4 Pick 8: Justin Evans, SS, Texas A&M (A)
Round 5 Pick 8: Julien Davenport, OT, Bucknell (A)
Round 6 Pick 8: Jalen Myrick, CB, Minnesota (A-)
Round 7 Pick 14: KD Cannon, WR, Baylor (A+)

4 hours ago, Catufb85 said:

I've been torn between which bandwagon to be on as of late.  I've recently been on the Leonard Fournette train for quite some time now but the more and more I watch video and research the more I'm intrigued about hopping to the Jamal Adams train.  I think either one of these guys would be a perfect fit at #8 for my beloved Panthers.  I would be in absolute heaven with either one of these two players.  However, I wanted to see the huddle's opinion on if these two players are on the board which and why would you pick that player.

Reason for me being torn is I think Fournette could bring the power, aggression, and fear back to our running back that we lacked last year.  We pride ourselves on being a smash-mouth, line it up, eye to eye, style of offense. I'm concerned with his health and history of injuries that have already effected him in the college years.  However, when healthy this is a once a decade type Running back, some experts comparing to Adrian Peterson. 

Then you got Jamal Adams who easily could anchor our Defensive secondary for years.  Hes a big rangy hard hitting safety that can fly sideline to sideline.  Good in coverage but great coming down into the box on key running downs. 

I think at the end of the day, with the "shelf-life" of running backs compared to safeties.. I think gettleman would go Jamal Adams.  Running backs just don't have the longevity safeties tend to have. 

I personally think that if both on the board, no matter what Gettleman does, if Leonard is there and we pass on him, Huddle will go up in Flames. 

If DG goes by BPA , Fournette is the better football player only behind Myles Garrett.

Archived